Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 PM

23 posts, read 54,713 times

Advertisements

My father recently passed away and we are now in the process of dealing with a deed to some land in Sunsite (Sun Sites as it is on the deed) he bought in the late 60s. It is apprently on one lot and it could be awhile if ever before we go there.

I would just as soon sell but from what I can figure out it is a patch of dirt. Totally unimproved. I still cannot locate it on a parcel map/Google to verify lat longs.

Can anyone tell me what they know about this area? It sounds like there's a nice small town in the vicinity but a nearby golf course has apparently had to go to the wayside.

Again I'd like to sell but fees and legal costs may be more than what I can get for it!

Please advise. I'd be happy to hear the story of this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,083,342 times
here are a couple threads on Sunsites (Pearce is the official PO name)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...light=sunsites

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...light=sunsites

not an expert on the area, but if you have no plans to move here or build a vacation home, you should abandon the property (legally??) or try to sell it.....there are many vacant lots in Sunsites and Cochise County that will never appreciate in value....just too much land down there for sale...don't know what the property tax is on a lot there and whether you remain on the hook if you just abandon it to the county for unpaid taxes....admittedly, it's a pretty area with OK climate, but you need to be able to entertain yourself if you live there....there isn't really a town nearby, but Pearce/Sunsites has a few very small businesses...

Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,365,275 times
I can help you. Yes it is most likely a bare lot. Taxes are maybe $12.00 to $30.00 a year right now. Most are going for $1,700 to $2,400 per 1/2 acre lot, or around $4,000 per acre as is most bare desert land in small parcels. Larger parcels bring $250 to $700 per acre. The roads are mostly washed away in most of those 1960's developments which went nowhere. PM the unit number and Lot Number. I will be there next week and I'll send you pictures.

The Golf Course is still there and has a new owner now.

P.S. I love it there.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 PM

23 posts, read 54,713 times
Steve,

Sorry - I apparently missed your reply in time. Please advise if you'll be returning there and I'll send lot info.

Happy to hear about the golf course. In all my internet sleuthing for articles it appears to be a contensious issue with the locals.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,491 times
I have land in sun sites that I need to sell. Any ideas??

Old 08-25-2015, 06:02 AM

4,615 posts, read 6,406,777 times
"I have land in sun sites that I need to sell. Any ideas??"....hold a raffle ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 03-19-2016, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,895 times
"I have a 5 acre parcel in sun sites that I need to sell. Any ideas??"

Old Today, 06:08 AM

1 posts
Default Cochise Stronghold

I came across some old threads regarding Cochise Stronghold area, does anyone still have lots that they would like to sell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona