Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 05:19 PM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
... I beg to differ that they're not "neglected" if they're left outside all the time and they're barking. Especially in our summer heat. They're barking for a reason, mostly because they're lonely. We're not talking about a few barks it's the non stop uncontrollable barking. There's a big difference between leaving a dog outside for a few hours and dumping them outside all day or night. I don't think you would you enjoy 4-5 neighbors cranking up their music all night every night while you're trying to sleep?

No offense but most dog owners never seem to see that they're the problem. Before making a complaint I asked a neighbor once if she could please not leave her dogs outside all night as they bark constantly and they keep us awake. She told me to f'off and mind my own business. After filing a complaint with the city and the PD (the city said it's good to have this on record from the PD) guess what, the barking stopped.

Nobody said the OP's dog was outside all the time. Who said they weren't neglected if they're left outside all the time? Nobody did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 03:47 AM

13,622 posts, read 10,022,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You were cited for disturbing your neighbors and neglecting your dog and you wanted a congratulations? What a bizarre sense of entitlement.

As someone else mentioned, those citations are hard to get. They require multiple neighbors filing together. You must be pretty awful to live near. Instead of complaining about the “haters”, you’d be better served by a modicum of introspection.
Neglecting?

You don't have to be out of the house for the dogs to feel the need to bark. And they do feel the need, that's their job.

Old 01-26-2024, 05:01 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Nobody said the OP's dog was outside all the time. Who said they weren't neglected if they're left outside all the time? Nobody did.
Obviously the dog must be outside for a long period of time for others to complain. If not the OP would've come back and said differently but I think he now knows it's inconsiderate what he's doing.

I highly doubt (unless they're a PITA neighbor) anyone will complain if a dog just barks a few times. So yes it must be outside for a long time. Geeze you must be one who does this too and is trying to justify it too.

Old 01-26-2024, 05:05 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Neglecting?

You don't have to be out of the house for the dogs to feel the need to bark. And they do feel the need, that's their job.
And it's the owners job to train them right. We've always had dogs growing up and never did they bark non stop. Why? Because they we trained right not just thrown outside and left alone.

Now I'm not saying every dog is trainable but most don't spend time with their dogs and that's why that act up. Kind of like the "time out kids" today. You can tell them from the one who were raised with mom saying "wait 'til your father gets home"!

Old 01-26-2024, 07:36 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
Neglecting?

You didn't read the previous posts, did you? It's very difficult to get one of these citations here. You have to almost try to get one. That proves that this is habitual and it's not for a yap or two as Sparky does his business.

Old 01-26-2024, 09:32 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
Obviously the dog must be outside for a long period of time for others to complain. If not the OP would've come back and said differently but I think he now knows it's inconsiderate what he's doing.

I highly doubt (unless they're a PITA neighbor) anyone will complain if a dog just barks a few times. So yes it must be outside for a long time. Geeze you must be one who does this too and is trying to justify it too.

You're making an assumption, based on nothing supported by fact. Of course the OP hasn't come back... he/she's been roundly slammed by a bunch of judgmental people that only know pieces of the story.

I might be judgy right along with you if I knew the whole story... but I don't. And neither do you. Good talk, though.

Now I have to go close my doggie door because the neighbor mutts are raising hell. And because they're dogs, mine want to go out there and join in.

Old 01-26-2024, 10:09 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I just got a summons in the mail telling me I am being charged with distubing the peace and when I went to the police station they said it had to do with my dog barking? Has this very happened to anyone else. I had a neighbor complain to me several months ago but I thought the problem was resolved. No police visits ot prior letters from any agency or person.
You do not get a summons out of the clear blue. Maybe you did not check your mail or did not answer the door.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoe...st-valley.html

Old 01-26-2024, 10:13 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You do not get a summons out of the clear blue. Maybe you did not check your mail or did not answer the door.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoe...st-valley.html
Haha! Wow. "The training wore off". Holy hell. Poor pups.

Old 01-28-2024, 04:28 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,706,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I just got a summons in the mail telling me I am being charged with distubing the peace and when I went to the police station they said it had to do with my dog barking? Has this very happened to anyone else. I had a neighbor complain to me several months ago but I thought the problem was resolved. No police visits ot prior letters from any agency or person.

I wish you had mentioned what city you're in, because my neighbor not only has a dog barking, but has curtly rebuffed me when I complained. The police are uninterested. How has your neighbor proven his case?

Old 02-02-2024, 05:05 AM

5,149 posts, read 3,078,346 times
Quote:
Neglecting?

A dog’s “job” is to annoy the neighbors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona