Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 03:06 PM

111 posts, read 140,102 times

Advertisements

First, no lectures or comments on cost, maintenance, resale value of adding a pool; I have had 2 houses with inground pools and we simply like that feature.

We struggled to find an ideal house in Tucson area....took us from 2020 until 2023 (Covid stopped our house
hunting as we were living outside US and travel was too iffy for over a year).

We are admittedly picky; on average it has taken us 6 months to a year to find a new place (we've bought and sold 10 houses in the past 40 years).

We have a great 5 acre property in Pima with a really cool modern house that we love inside and out.

But it lacks a pool. We've been in it a year, though we spend alternate months at our 2nd home which is in Central Mexico and has a large pool.

We realize the rocky terrain presents challenges for an inground pool, and we don't want to waste time talking to franchise companies who only deal with standard-shaped backyard pools on flat parcels.

Anyone have a recommendation for a custom pool builder who has experience building interesting pools in hilly and or rocky neighborhoods??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 06:29 AM

1,074 posts, read 776,111 times
Here, try these guys... as seen on TV:

https://lucaslagoons.com/

Could be fun, who knows?

Old 05-18-2024, 06:59 AM

17,535 posts, read 22,293,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeana View Post
First, no lectures or comments on cost, maintenance, resale value of adding a pool; I have had 2 houses with inground pools and we simply like that feature.

We struggled to find an ideal house in Tucson area....took us from 2020 until 2023 (Covid stopped our house
hunting as we were living outside US and travel was too iffy for over a year).

We are admittedly picky; on average it has taken us 6 months to a year to find a new place (we've bought and sold 10 houses in the past 40 years).

We have a great 5 acre property in Pima with a really cool modern house that we love inside and out.

But it lacks a pool. We've been in it a year, though we spend alternate months at our 2nd home which is in Central Mexico and has a large pool.

We realize the rocky terrain presents challenges for an inground pool, and we don't want to waste time talking to franchise companies who only deal with standard-shaped backyard pools on flat parcels.

Anyone have a recommendation for a custom pool builder who has experience building interesting pools in hilly and or rocky neighborhoods??
Its no big deal but it will cost $$$$. Pool will be built on pilings.

Old 05-19-2024, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Money not a major issue. Got an leads on a company that can do this in Tucson area??

Old 05-19-2024, 04:07 PM

2,228 posts, read 1,129,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Or terraced? I visited a commercial hot spring in mountainous Idaho that had multiple pools terraced on a hillside. I liked it, and kids were sliding like walruses from one pool to the other.

Old 05-20-2024, 07:47 AM

7,231 posts, read 9,303,869 times
I thought Pima was in the Gila Valley?

Old 05-21-2024, 07:01 PM

43 posts, read 37,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
I thought Pima was in the Gila Valley?

I think he meant to type Pima Canyon (in the Catalina Foothills of Tucson).

Old 05-22-2024, 07:48 AM

7,231 posts, read 9,303,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaeebs86 View Post
I think he meant to type Pima Canyon (in the Catalina Foothills of Tucson).
Doh! That makes sense. Thx.

Old 05-23-2024, 07:56 AM

Pima COUNTY. 2nd largest county in AZ by population. Includes Tucson Metro.

Old Today, 09:57 AM

2,036 posts, read 893,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeana View Post
Money not a major issue. Got an leads on a company that can do this in Tucson area??
Just pick up the phone and start calling pool companies in the Tucson area. You aren't the first person to encounter this problem. I had my pool installed last October with my new home build. I used Valley Oasis. My pool wasn't complicated, but Valley Oasis has been around a long time. The longer a company has been in business, the more they learn. Good luck! And, adding a pool in Arizona isn't going to be detrimental to resale.
It's Arizona...pools and Arizona go hand in hand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona