Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 03:27 PM

28 posts, read 44,751 times

Advertisements

Street drugs are nearly universal in Louisiana. I have close person knowledge of two early-twenties people arrested (several times) for possession with intent to deliver. After a short jail stint (2-3 weeks), they plead guilty and are granted probation, AND, awarded "medical marijuana" cards while on probation. Seriously?? The state puts them on probation then says "oh, poor babies, you're all stressed out" and grants medical marijuana cards?? Is this due to the state's attempt to make them endlessly dependent, or just plain incompetence for the buffoons in Baton Rouge?

Out-of-staters should be aware of the insanity here in case they might accidentally pass through the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 07:27 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeAyeCapn View Post
Street drugs are nearly universal in Louisiana. I have close person knowledge of two early-twenties people arrested (several times) for possession with intent to deliver. After a short jail stint (2-3 weeks), they plead guilty and are granted probation, AND, awarded "medical marijuana" cards while on probation. Seriously?? The state puts them on probation then says "oh, poor babies, you're all stressed out" and grants medical marijuana cards?? Is this due to the state's attempt to make them endlessly dependent, or just plain incompetence

the buffoons in Baton Rouge?

Out-of-staters should be aware of the insanity here in case they might accidentally pass through the state.
Oh OK. Now you've scared me! Is Louisiana a party state? Your joking, right?

When was it "law-abiding"? Strangely, I think that all that is strange, creepy, occult-related, connected to the occult, scary, and weird about LA is why people love to visit. Ditto most of Louisana. It's thought of as a party state. It's also thought of as a corrupt state.

Second, why are you worried about who gets a medical marijuana card? In LA. or anywhere?
Loads of people use marijuana both recreationally and for medical reasons. I have never seen the news saying, "Marijuana-crazed man mows down a church full of people."

You may know marijuana users and not know it. Marijuana is of tremendous help to individuals undergoing chemotherapy. Doctors prescribe it. Are you an MD?

Marijuana users are mostly gainfully employed. They are of all ages. Races. Political parties, and socioeconomic groups.

Why on earth is this YOUR PROBLEM? No one should be imprisoned for possessing marijuana. Most people agree with me, but not you. Where it is still illegal, it is a victimless crime. I also have no idea why this is a Louisiana-specific post.

I don't really like marijuana that much. I can't smoke because I have asthma. However, I don't care who does.

Last edited by sheena12; 06-06-2023 at 07:39 PM..

Old 06-06-2023, 09:15 PM

1,665 posts, read 974,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeAyeCapn View Post
Street drugs are nearly universal in Louisiana. I have close person knowledge of two early-twenties people arrested (several times) for possession with intent to deliver. After a short jail stint (2-3 weeks), they plead guilty and are granted probation, AND, awarded "medical marijuana" cards while on probation. Seriously?? The state puts them on probation then says "oh, poor babies, you're all stressed out" and grants medical marijuana cards?? Is this due to the state's attempt to make them endlessly dependent, or just plain incompetence for the buffoons in Baton Rouge?

Instead of worrying about what's going onbwith everyone else, you should worry about yourself. Part of that matter is doing your research on something you obviously have zero idea about. Especially for the fact that marijuana is decriminalized up to half an ounce.

It's not to make everyone dependent either. Again, do more research on how marijuana is ostracized here. Granted, people are (thankfully) opening their minds and accepting that nobody should be in jail over a plant that has been made illegal through roots of racism. Look up Anslingers impact.

You have a plethora of information out there. Especially since you have internet, obviously to post on here. All it takes is initiative to look up information for yourself. And who knows, those 2 that you know, may have ratted someone out. Just because they were caught and couldn't handle the consequences.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:54 AM

565 posts, read 471,177 times
Lawlessness is a good thing, it helps keep the riff-raff out.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Instead of worrying about what's going onbwith everyone else, you should worry about yourself. Part of that matter is doing your research on something you obviously have zero idea about. Especially for the fact that marijuana is decriminalized up to half an ounce.

It's not to make everyone dependent either. Again, do more research on how marijuana is ostracized here. Granted, people are (thankfully) opening their minds and accepting that nobody should be in jail over a plant that has been made illegal through roots of racism. Look up Anslingers impact.

You have a plethora of information out there. Especially since you have internet, obviously to post on here. All it takes is initiative to look up information for yourself. And who knows, those 2 that you know, may have ratted someone out. Just because they were caught and couldn't handle the consequences.

They're healthy, young multiple-instance felons for selling street drugs. If the buffoons granting marijuana usage to drug user felons is your idea of an acceptable condition, you belong in Louisiana.

Old 06-08-2023, 08:32 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,033 times
O.P., are you equally concerned about Louisiana’s status as most polluted state in the USA?
https://thehill.com/policy/equilibri...tes-in-the-us/

Old 06-08-2023, 05:33 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
O.P., are you equally concerned about Louisiana’s status as most polluted state in the USA?
https://thehill.com/policy/equilibri...tes-in-the-us/
Lmao. No. They care about scary people who look different.

Old 06-08-2023, 06:19 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,472,539 times
Few large employers in LA,people are not rich and not well educated,some have bad work habits.

Old 06-09-2023, 02:09 PM

1,665 posts, read 974,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Few large employers in LA,people are not rich and not well educated,some have bad work habits.

If the oil and gas industries would start paying taxes, things would be better. You can thank Louisiana Politicians for the good ol boy syndrome. They promise to make changes and once elected, raise taxes and remain corrupt. There's been a slight change, but hoping things will get better. More and more people are getting tired of it and these elected folk are starting to realize it.

Old 06-11-2023, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
So we deny felons the right for medical marijuana? Do we deny anyone medication that can alleviate symptoms?

Just because YOU are against marijuana, doesn't mean everyone else is. Besides, why even argue with you, because I'm quite sure you've never smoked marijuana and have ZERO legs to stand on of what marijuana can or cannot do.

Yes, maybe I do belong in Louisiana, to be a vocal proponent on the legalization of a drug that was initially prohibited due to racist origin. Maybe YOU need to GTFO of Louisiana because obviously of your shallow, obtuse mentality of the benefits of marijuana.

Besides, keep your damn nose to yourself and quit worrying about what others are doing. Do YOU like it when people wants to know your business? Didn't think so.

I am NOT against marijuana, I'm for legalization of ALL drugs, and NO taxpayer funded "treatment" scams. You play, you lose, that's natural selection.

Imbeciles in government granting permission of for street drug convicts is asinine and establishes a defective population like Louisiana has now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge