Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 06:31 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,025,762 times

Advertisements

I doubt most of my family have heard of it, as we have absolutely no connection to Houston. I couldn't tell you what the six flags in Dallas is called either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 06:48 PM

9,963 posts, read 6,674,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifervan View Post
Are you just that young or am I just that old?
Most people my age or under that don’t live in Houston relate the world Astroworld to Travis Scott’s album or festival or festival tragedy more. Unless you’re Disney world or something like that, you don’t just close a part for a couple of decades and expect people that have never went to know of it. Here’s a good song from the Astroworld album though if you we’re wondering

https://youtu.be/P3iLo_JI9oY

Old 08-10-2022, 06:54 AM

6,517 posts, read 7,572,796 times
I'm 41, I associate Astroworld with the theme park. I think the 30 and under crowd associate it with something else. I like older music, but because of my tweenager kids, I know alot of the pop stars of today like The Weekend, Harry Styles, Lil Nas, Doja Cat, Lizzo....but I can't say I know a single Travis Scott song, they must not play him on the pop stations, probably strictly newer hip hop radio which my kids don't listen too... yet.

Anyway, after visiting Kalahari indoor waterpark in Austin this weekend with the kiddos, I am convinced that Round Rock area is likely the best place for this theoretical Disney Texas park. Visiting Kalahari reminded me of visiting Disneyland, middle to upper income people of all different ethnicities at that place just like Disneyland.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:33 PM

9,963 posts, read 6,674,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I'm 41, I associate Astroworld with the theme park. I think the 30 and under crowd associate it with something else. I like older music, but because of my tweenager kids, I know alot of the pop stars of today like The Weekend, Harry Styles, Lil Nas, Doja Cat, Lizzo....but I can't say I know a single Travis Scott song, they must not play him on the pop stations, probably strictly newer hip hop radio which my kids don't listen too... yet.

Anyway, after visiting Kalahari indoor waterpark in Austin this weekend with the kiddos, I am convinced that Round Rock area is likely the best place for this theoretical Disney Texas park. Visiting Kalahari reminded me of visiting Disneyland, middle to upper income people of all different ethnicities at that place just like Disneyland.
Travis Scott songs do get played in pop stations. You likely just didn’t know it was him.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:56 PM

47 posts, read 39,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Im trying to figure out if this is sarcasm or if anyone is stupid enough to actually believe the parks will shut down because the fringe right is upset or that opening one in Texas would somehow have been better than Florida or California. Hell, Houston couldnt even keep AstroWorld afloat.
Assuming you are talking about the six flags theme park and not the live nation event with travis scott, saying it was the the entirely the fault of houston and the lack of interest from it isn't exactly correct as it was more of an issue with the company at the time, the reason astroworld preformed poorly was largely because of the companies neglect of it barely updating it since the 1980s and the prices were very cheap which caused more teenagers spending the day there and less families wanting to go there (which has also happened to six flags parks recently causing them to raise prices) and believing that the land it was on was way more valuable than it ended up being, if the main issues with the park were resolved and the company wasn't in a terrible financial situation (the company was in billions of dollars of debt) at the time it wouldn't be very unlikely that astroworld would still exist today.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:14 PM

47 posts, read 39,285 times
Also I believe if there was a Disney theme park ever built in Texas it would not be in Corpus Christi since Corpus Christi is too decentralized for a major theme park that is meant to attract people from around the state and country and possibly the world depending on how big it would be since it's not in a central location of Texas population centers with Dallas especially being very far away from it, plus there is no direct flights from any major airport outside of Texas (the only other flight outside of Texas is a charter flight to Gulfport/Bloxi airport) to Corpus Christi so anybody going from another part of the country couldn't fly there directly.

It think if there was any Disney park in Texas it would have to be somewhere in the Texas triangle, most likely within the Austin metropolitan area since it would be the most central location for the major Texas cities being a similar drive from Dallas and Houston plus Austin has an airport that has direct flights from all over North America and a few in Europe with Amsterdam, London and Frankfurt, which is way better for a major Disney theme park.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:45 PM

15,576 posts, read 7,596,973 times
There will never be a Disney park in Texas.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:37 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,025,762 times
Astroworld the Houston six flag had to compete with other six flags in Texas so that could have added to it. If the Texas disney as nice as the ones in Cali and Florida you would have to figure many people from middle America would prefer to go there.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:45 PM

17,424 posts, read 22,186,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I have read some speculation of a 3rd Disney park. Would it be viable for Disney to build a newer/bigger version of Disney World in the Corpus Christi area?
nope........

1. not centrally located in Texas

2. too close to the coast in the event of a hurricane

3. land cost is too high in that area

4. weather isn't ideal

Old 08-17-2022, 10:42 AM

5,639 posts, read 4,972,246 times
Why on earth do y'all think that paying exorbitant prices to stand in long lines and hang onto burning-hot metal fixtures during Texas summertime (key season for a Disney park) would be remotely appealing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi