Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 07:53 AM

160 posts, read 196,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
Isn’t River Park Drive and Bryant Irvin in the River Hollow too close to Ridglea, which is supposed to be a bad area?

Could you tell me the general boundaries of bad areas in Fort Worth to avoid?

I know Campus Drive near TCC South Campus and Wyatts High School is one of them. That’s where I will be working at. How is commute from Cityview?

Inside of loop 820 is interesting because the quality of neighborhoods can change dramatically from street to street. Westover Hills for example is a VERY rich area, like multi million $$ mansions. But go south across I30 like a quarter of a mile you are in Como which is a very low income high crime area. Its hard to narrow it down unless you get out and drive around and see for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 09:25 PM

525 posts, read 718,281 times
I was in Fort Worth for 3 days recently. I really enjoyed the area. During my time, I did the following activities:

1) I visited Kimball Art Museum.
2) I visited Fort Worth Botanic Garden.
3) I ate at Cotton Patch Cafe in South Arlington off I-30.
4) I satisfied my sweet craving at Pops-N-Cream in Downtown Fort Worth.
5) I drove out to Lake Worth.

Cityview area off Bryant Irvin Rd. is very nice. I paid deposit to secure a place to live.

I’m surprised to see that Fort Worth is more hilly with more trees compared to the rest of DFW.

I’m also impressed with walking/biking trails by Trinity River.

I can’t wait to move in a few weeks!

Old 03-07-2018, 02:46 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,643,634 times
Husband and I LOVE to walk on the Trinity Trail, typically off University Drive nearer to downtown. You HAVE to watch for kamikazi bikers that want to kill you, though.

I love the Cityview area, actually drive to the Costco over there, my hairstylist (Lacey at Shelton's) is there off Hulen as is my nail place (Nails & Beyond) and my dry cleaner (Twin Kell - the BEST in Fort Worth) are on Camp Bowie. I usually make a day of it, driving from north Fort Worth. Sort of my old neighborhood and I miss it.

There is a LOT of traffic in that area - popular shopping area, etc.

Welcome to Fort Worth!!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:53 AM

656 posts, read 1,355,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
I was in Fort Worth for 3 days recently. I really enjoyed the area. During my time, I did the following activities:

1) I visited Kimball Art Museum.
2) I visited Fort Worth Botanic Garden.
3) I ate at Cotton Patch Cafe in South Arlington off I-30.
4) I satisfied my sweet craving at Pops-N-Cream in Downtown Fort Worth.
5) I drove out to Lake Worth.

Cityview area off Bryant Irvin Rd. is very nice. I paid deposit to secure a place to live.

I’m surprised to see that Fort Worth is more hilly with more trees compared to the rest of DFW.

I’m also impressed with walking/biking trails by Trinity River.

I can’t wait to move in a few weeks!
Now we just gotta get you to some better eating places! Nothing wrong with Cotton, but there are SO many places to try.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:09 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
Chuck Norris was here

IMG_2582 by James Fremont, on Flickr

Old 12-05-2018, 06:44 AM

49 posts, read 44,463 times
IMO Fort Worth and the surrounding areas are a hidden jewel. I've been there on many occasions, and stayed there for a few months on temporary assignment and absolutely LOVED it. It is one of my favorite places (period).

Old 09-05-2020, 03:31 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Looks like Trinity Lakes is no longer a vision but a reality. This development is huge for East Fort Worth and will make East Fort Worth a destination for decades to come.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sta...244935422.html

Old 07-17-2021, 12:44 AM

30 posts, read 35,211 times
Default Newcomer to Texas / Azle specifically

New to Azle . Searching for any info newcomers might be searching. Like Internet providers the good bad and ugly
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth