Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2024, 01:38 AM

3 posts, read 804 times

Advertisements

I've been watching for condos in Fort Worth for years now but I took a break for a few months. Log back on and I see that 16 units are currently up for sale at Montgomery Plaza! I remember there were only like 2-3 at a time for quite some time and none were priced below 450k or so. Now you can find them below the 400k mark and there's plenty of them.

What exactly is going on? Is there an exodus?

[url]https://www.zillow.com/b/2600-w-7th-st-fort-worth-tx-5XmLnm/[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 03:26 PM

1,033 posts, read 1,336,198 times
There's a plan to replace part of the ugly strip center behind the building with mixed use and apartments. The Montgomery Plaza residents were opposed to it. I would like to think that people that bought in an urban area would be more open minded about the plan, but I guess some may be bailing because of that.

Old 05-08-2024, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
There's a plan to replace part of the ugly strip center behind the building with mixed use and apartments. The Montgomery Plaza residents were opposed to it. I would like to think that people that bought in an urban area would be more open minded about the plan, but I guess some may be bailing because of that.

Very interesting, thank you for this insight! I just looked that up and it looks like some of the places next to Target will be demolished to put these apartments up. I suppose more apartments in the area means more competition when it comes to renting out your condo, thus lower rents. Although there's always been plenty of apartments around the condo complex too. In addition, there probably will be construction noise and traffic for months if not years around the area. It's just crazy to me that a good portion of the building is selling their units. There aren't that many units in that building to begin with.

Old Today, 03:00 PM

37,364 posts, read 60,132,534 times
They also might be worried about public assistance apartments in the mix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: