Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 11:31 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
The comments below the video are very good. Anonymous said, "One risk is would readers find credible that such a Marxist Madman Mayor with inept underlings exist in modern society." California has one such madman holding the office of governor. Lumumba pales in comparison.

Chlorine is a chemical weapon when used in large amounts. In fish, small amounts will sear the gills. I'm surprised that sturgeon are able to survive. Suffocating in the boo boo and chlorine. I wonder what it's doing to the water fowl.
The granddaughters just found this for me. https://www.google.com/search?client...rl+Darter+Fish That's right, Seadory, the rare and threatened PEARL DARTER, an exquisite little fish, limited in range, from what I can see, to the Pearl and Bogue Chitto river systems of Mississippi and Louisiana, has surely been affected by those years'-worth of chlorine from Colonial Falls (and those millions and millions of gallons of raw boo boo, allowed, by The City of Jackson, to flow into the Pearl River).

524 'River Miles' have, within the last few days, been designated as a critical habitat for the Pearl Darter. One hopes this will do some good. However, I suspect that BabyChok et Compagnie, occupy a higher spot on the Victimology Totem Pole, than do the Pearl Darter and the River Sturgeon. BabyChok seems immune to laws and regulations. This bodes ill, for endangered species downriver from The City of Jackson ("The Most Radical City on the Planet").

Great work, BabyChok! You're changing the world! ...one-endangered-species-at-a-time.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 04-08-2023 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 05:54 PM

Default Landagoshen! They're fixin' the bridge! They're fixin' the bridge!

Finally, The Bridge Over Purple Creek is being fixed. https://www.wlbt.com/2023/06/01/colo...in-just-weeks/ As the video suggests, somebody must have been reading this thread - finally making the connection between Lovely Colonial Falls, upstream from The Bridge over Purple Creek and the failure of the bridge.

Apparently, now that this mental leap has been made, they're fixin' BOTH: both the bridge and the burst 48" water pipe. Mirable dictu!

Jacksonians have Seadory and me to thank, I'm sure. The River Sturgeons and Pearl Darters, downstream from Purple Creek, will be able to breathe easier, too, I'd imagine. Their little gills won't be getting seared by Colonial Falls' miraculous chlorinated waters, anymore. Now, they'll only have to contend with Jackson's billions of gallons of Raw Boo Boo Water (in German, that's 'Rohbooboowasser').

Other coverage of this impending miracle includes: https://www.wapt.com/article/two-bri...fixed/43920759 (you have to copy and paste, apparently)

As for the fallen tree at the other end of Lovely Colonial Circle, Moosie has found some motivational music, aptly-named, 'Tina, Bring Me the Axe'. https://akimborocks.bandcamp.com/tra...ing-me-the-axe Joan Crawford would approve. I can see her hacking-away at that tree - in her sequined evening gown, her face slathered in luminous masque, a silk scarf doubling as a sweatband, her gasps accompanied by the strains of this excellent Death Metal song. Nothing like Death Metal, to get a girl going...

Joan would also approve of Moosie's other suggestion. "When all else fails, go for the steak knives - you know... the ones that come with our silver services - the ones nobody really uses. The Oracle has that beautiful Georgian pattern - in stainless, but prettier than sterling - TWENTY place settings (including special-ordered iced tea spoons). Georgian is a subset of Colonial, isn't it? Mildred Pierce redid the Beragon mansion in Georgian-style, didn't she? I've whittled-away at oak doors with steak knives, when they got stuck. You could definitely saw your way through a willow tree. That's ultra-softwood..." (Moosie's grandfather was a lumber baron, as was The Oracle's: they know their wood).

I'm not sure what good The Oracle's stainless Reed & Barton Georgian steak knives would do the residents of Colonial Circle, though. He's miles-away, in Madison, and on the other side of that apparently-impassable tree. Oh, well...

Old 06-23-2023, 07:13 PM

Default TRAPPED at fallen tree! Robbers use tree like a DUCK BLIND: Entergy Crew horrified

As if Entergy's repair crews didn't have enough to cope with, following winds which, for the Jackson Metro, were, "As bad as Hurricane Katrina", they had to "stand-down", following this: Jackson Jambalaya: Buckley Drive Shooting: The REST of the Story

A motorist encountered a fallen tree, driving in the Connecticut-wannabe epicenter of FFNEJ (Formerly Fashionable Northeast Jackson). Robbers were lurking behind the tree, and riddled his car with bullets, before he escaped onto Crane Boulevard, the toniest street in iconic Woodland Hills - a spot once known for the estate homes of Jackson's chicken and grocery dynasties. Apparently, the robbers were trying to fire into the engine block - a paramilitary maneuver employed, now, by robbers in Jacktown.

I thought of your post, dear brickpatio:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio2018 View Post
.... FFNEJ is effectively becoming an extension of "Downtown". Moving into FFNEJ is for urban pioneers. Given that this shift is occurring in some form or fashion, however glacially, in FNEJ, Earth's most Conservative place, somehow I find endearing and in some way hopeful.
I won't link to the lousy video by that clueless YouTuber, but someone went down from Yankeeland, and filmed Jackson during the above-mentioned bad weather. Kingfish featured the video, and a commenter questioned why only the bad parts of town were shown. ...something like, "You were within walking distance of Woodland Hills! Why not show that?"

Well... Today's news certainly answers that question. As another commenter observed, "ALL of Jackson is 'The Bad Part'".

But your thread about the CCID, is proven to have merit, by the fact that when calling Jackson 911 yielded NO RESPONSE AT ALL, and a resident of Crane Boulevard gave to the intended victim of the robbers (whose car, at that point, I assume, had failed to proceed), a number for Capital Police (a force separate from Jackson Police), who arrived within minutes. So, you're right: the CCID offers hope.

Also in the comments, I spotted a snark about a certain presumed Twilight Tandem couple (in New Orleans, it's known as an "Uptown Marriage" - but generally involves classier people than those offspring of grifterish dynasties) who've bought a major property on the affected street. So, yes, a certain urbanity is on the rise, in Jackson's estate areas.

And that leads me to something I remembered about FNEJ - in the middle of the night - probably spurred by hearing an ItaloDisco song from about the time I first got to college at 17. I remembered the story about The Psychiatrist. And now, while we're talking about FFNEJ twilight tandems, is a good moment to explore what I remember.

In the Eighties, there was a psychiatrist with a beautiful wife. He also had beautiful chest hair, a great beard, and a fur bomber jacket. (this was late 70s/early 80s, remember, and the menfolk were not-yet expected to have muscles) A friend a decade older than me, went to FNEJ's Gay bar, with his sister, to dance. There was the psychiatrist - shirtless, but wearing the fur bomber jacket - his chest hair melding into the fur of the coat - his wife scanning the room, looking for people to take home with them. Well... when she discovered that someone was there with his sister... Remember, a couple of posts back, about Fashionable Northeast Jackson's unofficial competition to see who could be the most outrageously sinful and worldly? Well (and I'm theorizing, here), that psychiatrist's wife was looking forward to nosing ahead of everybody else in the race.

I mean, after she'd actuated whatever sort of ménage à quatre she was envisioning, they could just declare her the all-time winner of the Sinners Steeplechase, and close-down the race track - or just retire her number (---5309?)

The world-weary siblings, of course, demurred.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 06-23-2023 at 08:35 PM..

Old 08-31-2023, 09:56 AM

560 posts, read 785,728 times
Stop the presses! It looks like Colonial Circle is open for business. The bridge on Colonial Circle has been repaired. And they used concrete! Jackson Jambalaya: Almost!

Old 09-02-2023, 06:31 PM

Default The land is FREED! The land is FREED! (by any means necessary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
Stop the presses! It looks like Colonial Circle is open for business. The bridge on Colonial Circle has been repaired. And they used concrete! Jackson Jambalaya: Almost!
This is a miracle of truly biblical proportions. Biblical, I tell you... Unleash the Sphingerie!

And BabyChok didst come down (from the rolling ladder in the library of his Mauve McMansion), and thus didst braeke the tablets (scripture is unclear whether these were Android tablets, or medicinal tablets provided by the 'Dope Boys' to whom leviathan Prophet Kenneth Stokes alludes*)

And BabyChok didst call upon the rushing waters to cease** (the rushing waters of Colonial Falls***, that is), and didst command Purple Creek's waters to part, that a bridge might be built upon its banks.

And they didst cause the workmen to begin the mixing of the concrete, and that they shouldst work day and night, and that they shouldst mix that concrete without straw, that they might pre-stress it, in the way of the Choctaw people.***

And it was worthy of spanning a ditch in the Mississippi Delta. Verily, it DOTH resemble unto each and every bridge passing between each and every cotton field and bean field, over each and every ditch and swamp and slough, in the lands along the Nile (aka Mississippi River). ****

Thus shouldst Sister Rukia come to cross the great bridge, in glorious raiment, whilst riding a Sphinx - drawn by the Taxpayers of Jackson, the Taxpayers of Mississippi, and the Taxpayers of America. *****

And thus, after five years in bondage, were the land, and the peoples, set FREE. ******

* https://www.city-data.com/forum/60476571-post1.html

** https://www.wlbt.com/2023/03/24/crews-repairing-48-inch-main-break-former-colonial-club-golf-course/

*** http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2023/03/a-river-runs-through-it-colonial-edition.html

**** http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2023/08/almost.html?showComment=1693440665275#c69498058658 88278931 and Jackson Jambalaya: Almost!

***** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5Wv8IHVf0&t=257s

****** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNRgENZUMQA

Old 09-19-2023, 07:25 PM

Default UPDATE! Not so fast! Bridge closed after reopening

Sister Rukia won't be riding any Sphinxes across The Bridge Over Purple Creek, until a "final inspection" is made: https://www.wlbt.com/2023/09/18/colo...ridge-reopens/

And: Jackson Jambalaya: Almost There

Dowager Soybean Empress says there was an interview with a lady who lives on Colonial Circle, who is NOT happy about the bridge's reopening. Her house has been crashed-into, FIVE TIMES, by cars flying around Colonial Circle. I presume this is the same house covered at the beginning of this thread. But I'm not finding video of that. Anyway, that places the official count, to-date, at FIVE CARS, if that's the same house.

https://www.wlbt.com/video/2023/09/1...ter-two-years/ Here, there is confirmation that the leak upstream from the bridge, the one which created Colonial Falls, was gushing 5 million gallons per day (for seven years).

I have to wonder whether the sudden remembrance of the need for an inspection, is not some sort of SHAKEDOWN. In New Orleans, it would be.

Old 09-25-2023, 05:45 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
GG, is this your bridge? Jackson Jambalaya: Closed Again

Old 09-25-2023, 07:48 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
GG, is this your bridge? Jackson Jambalaya: Closed Again
Well never mind, looks like kingfish pulled that post down.

Old 09-25-2023, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Well never mind, looks like kingfish pulled that post down.
Interesting. He also pulled the comments below the "Alienation of Affection" story (or whatever that was about). Is Kingfish getting threatened? Or are Bill Dees' current woes frightening him? It would be a pity, if the ONE voice of truth remaining in Mississippi, went silent.

But yes. I think it's the same bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson