Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2023, 06:43 PM

577 posts, read 560,509 times

Advertisements

The governor just signed a new law affirming the expansion of the CCID. The new boundaries include all of One Lake, from just above Lakeland to just below I-20. They also now include Eastover, Woodland Hills, all of Fondren and Belhaven, and Highland Village. And they added some areas close to Jackson State. The I-20/I-55 interchange is now inside the CCID. They also cover all the interstates which would include I-55.

The north boundary is Northside Drive. The west boundary I think is near the rail road tracks except for the JSU area. Downtown, Belhaven, Fondren, and Eastover are included. UMMC, Baptist, St Dominics, VA, LeFleurs Bluff, Banner hall, Millsaps, Belhaven, JSU, Highland Village, District at Eastover, and The Quarter are all inside the CCID.

They are growing from 120 to 150 officers, which is a perfect number to deliver world-class safety for the entire are, from Downtown to Belhaven, Fondren, Eastover, JSU, and Highland Village areas.

So my question is......Should they put signs on major arteries saying "Welcome to the CCID: Best Place to Live in the World?" With world-class safety levels, on top of the very nice and getting nicer adjacent suburbs that have built up in Madison area and Flowood/Reservoir/Brandon areas, and Clinton... and with One Lake and 3,000-acre Fannye Cooke Park under construction...I say they have a great case for that claim...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2023, 12:08 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
Praise the Lord! Now, maybe, it will at least be safe to drive on I55. Things were getting just-plain-insane.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:27 AM

22 posts, read 20,713 times
I think they should post a sign saying “Welcome to Greater Jackson” around the Metro area much like how Shreveport says “Welcome to Shreveport-Bossier City”. They would be posted in Clinton, Brandon, Canton, Florence, Goshen Springs, Flora and Terry. I believe that the whole area should also sign a pact like Metro Portland Oregon did in the 80s to benefit the area as a whole. The pact would make the entire area as a whole be held to a standard by a Metropolitan Committee and Form a metropolitan police force, which will end runaways into different jurisdictions.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:55 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,432,989 times
In a state where they celebrate a business moving from Jackson to Madison, and where state funds were used to facilitate the move, what you're proposing will never happen in the Jackson area. The suburbs hate Jackson and see everything as a zero sum game - take from Jackson so we can win.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:49 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
In a state where they celebrate a business moving from Jackson to Madison, and where state funds were used to facilitate the move, what you're proposing will never happen in the Jackson area. The suburbs hate Jackson and see everything as a zero sum game - take from Jackson so we can win.
It's more of a 'take from Jackson so the metro area and/or state can win'.

Nobody has any interest in making Jackson look bad, especially for the reasons you will try and blame it on. I'm sure there are a few morons who do, but 80% of Mississippians want Jackson (or at least the entire metro region) to thrive. We need an urban center.

Old 05-05-2023, 01:44 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
The Coca-Cola plant?
Jackson Jambalaya: Jackson Loses Coca-Cola Plant to Madison County

It’s currently just south of County Line Road, in an area that is practically rural.

You would think the distributor has pockets deep enough to pay for a new building.

Last edited by Suesbal; 05-05-2023 at 01:54 PM..

Old 05-06-2023, 06:29 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,432,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
The Coca-Cola plant?

It’s currently just south of County Line Road, in an area that is practically rural.

You would think the distributor has pockets deep enough to pay for a new building.
Yes, the cola plant.

Of course they have enough money to build their own, but why not take from the state if they're offering. But why is the state offering, and now celebrating, a move of 5 miles?

Behavior like this reinforces the belief that the surrounding counties and the state hate Jackson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson