Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 12:28 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Never had a palm reading but I've looked at books and websites that show how its done. I remember finding out how many marriages I would have. Those are the lines on the side of the palm under the little finger. Mine had two and that is correct. Also there was something about the left palm shows what we are born with/what we were given and the right palm is what we've done with it up to today.
I, too have a bunch of books on it. And I knew about those tiny marriage lines. But, mine are not accurate unless my first marriage didn't count. I TRY to forget about it so maybe that is why I only have ONE line there instead of two. lol.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 02:19 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
I've heard of some tarot readers like that. They lay the cards out but don't need them. It is more of a ritual or process that helps them tune in. They never even look at the cards. That is quite a gift!
The first time I went to a psychic she explained that we would begin by my shuffling a deck of regular cards and somehow that would help put her in touch with my spirit guide. However, the second I touched the cards she said, "Okay, no need to go further with the cards".

Old 09-11-2019, 06:41 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:
Starting this thread to see if there is any interest here in discussing Tarot cards. Anyone here use them? Tell us a bit about your experience with Tarot.

I do use them, not on a daily basis though. Mostly I read for myself. I have several different decks, my favorite is the Robin Wood deck. Had that deck for many many years now. I like working with the symbols in Tarot (same reason I like dreams). I don't use them to predict the lottery or anything like that. I use them as an aid to developing my intuition. I also love the artwork on them and have collected a few decks for that reason.

Anyone else?

I have been reading Tarot for several decades. I used to read for others just for practice, and fun. I have been charging for my services for about 11 years. I took a break when I was in the business of baking because t took up much of my time. I missed reading.

I have a personal deck that only has my energy, and several decks I use for clients. I encourage them to get a deck that speaks to them, and throw three cards at least once a week. If they send me pictures, i help them interpret.

If any cards pop out during a shuffle, they are important, and need to be heard. The cards are interesting and offer clarity. It took me a long time to read reversed cards.

Old 09-11-2019, 01:03 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have been reading Tarot for several decades. I used to read for others just for practice, and fun. I have been charging for my services for about 11 years. I took a break when I was in the business of baking because t took up much of my time. I missed reading.

I have a personal deck that only has my energy, and several decks I use for clients. I encourage them to get a deck that speaks to them, and throw three cards at least once a week. If they send me pictures, i help them interpret.

If any cards pop out during a shuffle, they are important, and need to be heard. The cards are interesting and offer clarity. It took me a long time to read reversed cards.
Thanks, Ronkonkoma. Good info.

I am new to reading them, and only do it for myself, but when I took a class, they picked me to do a demonstration of a relationship reading, and everyone was impressed, including the person being read. It wasn't that hard to pick up on, though, once I got into the zone.

Was going to have a reading today with my WTC escape-mate, but we decided we weren't feelin' it.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 2,930 times
I love reading my Tarot cards. The deck that I've been using recently is Tarot Illuminati. I love the gilded edges and I think the artwork on the cards is beautiful. This deck has incredibly good cardstock as well.

I've been reading for about a year now and I mostly just read for myself and a couple close friends. I definitely do not charge for my readings as I feel I'm not advanced enough yet to do so. I'm still trying to memorize the book meanings for my cards. I find that my intuitive reads can be hit or miss, definitely not 100% I think I just need more practice. I'd definitely be down to discuss tarot cards more. I'm new to the forum as a whole but this is an area I see myself frequenting as I'm a pagan and a practicing Witch for more than 20 years now. I'd love to see more discussions about Tarot!

Old 09-17-2019, 09:17 PM

^Welcome. These discussions are making me want to play a little more with the cards.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:42 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
I just started using the Lo Scarabeo Tarot deck, and like it.

I also use two websites who help this really new reader interpret the cards:

https://www.thetarotguide.com

biddytarot.com

What I like about tarot is not making predictions, but the way the descriptions make me think about things from varying perspectives.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:17 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,532 times
Decades here too .
I read really for myself but my daughter will ask me to read for her too . I feel like I am too shy to read for others .
I am not sure how many decks I have now . I do read reversals . Like others here I shuffle or cut until what I need pops out . In the couple of years since my fiance died my spirit message decks have been very validating and helpful .

Old 09-26-2019, 08:00 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
I play alot of Red Dead Redemption as a treasure hunter, and one of the things I hunt is taro cards, that game really teaches a person alot about alot of things.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Decades here too .
I read really for myself but my daughter will ask me to read for her too . I feel like I am too shy to read for others .
I am not sure how many decks I have now . I do read reversals . Like others here I shuffle or cut until what I need pops out . In the couple of years since my fiance died my spirit message decks have been very validating and helpful .
Thanks for posting here, DutchessCottonPuff. I am sorry to learn about your fiance, and I'm glad you are getting comfort from your decks.

Coincidentally, I just read your post last night about living in the Netherlands. I found that interesting. I am of Dutch descent, but four and five generations in the USA, so pretty far removed from the language and culture. I visited Amsterdam for the first time four years ago, and I loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism