Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2022, 09:21 PM

249 posts, read 332,198 times

Advertisements

Maybe problematic for those without community but the best I could say is support and exchange of ideas for this topic. I recently told my therapist that I basically feel that in general when I really needed it my community did not have my "back" so to speak. Or perhaps I should say "I" am the one who controls my life and only "I" can "save myself"... am I making any sense here? When I say "save myself" I mean get "**** together" or life together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 11:01 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
I don't think my community owes me anything nor I them. What we owe is to our gods. We can be kind to each other but don't owe each other anything.

Some of the more organized religions might have more mutual support, but since I don't belong to those religions I don't really know how their interpersonal relations go,

I make a point to give back to the community, but that is not religion based, not really.

Old 07-23-2022, 04:18 PM

249 posts, read 332,198 times
Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't think my community owes me anything nor I them. What we owe is to our gods. We can be kind to each other but don't owe each other anything.

Some of the more organized religions might have more mutual support, but since I don't belong to those religions I don't really know how their interpersonal relations go,

I make a point to give back to the community, but that is not religion based, not really.
No, what "you" owe is to "your" gods.... that is a personal choice to believe or not and in what way to believe in a god, such as an archetype, force or nature, energy though, ect. I guess it could be that I do believe I "owe" something to community and when I frequent a new age shop or festival I support financially the businesses. I don't think I owe them but perhaps would like to see a healthy pagan community rather than not.

I think it's great that you give back to your community whether or not it is religious based and I'm not trying to judge but not all pagans believe in a duality of goddess and god and some are even agnostic or atheist.

At the same time it maybe that I just live in too rural of an area to expect a larger pagan presence. It is darn hard to get commitment in the pagan group I belong in.

There is a more "political" side to the craft with people such as Starhawk and her works and I'm sure there are others with varying ideologies on politics and the environment. I guess I was trying to start up a conversation about pagan communities. Just a thought.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:05 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
I do the same with supporting the local shops wherever I might land, but I have never known of a "pagan community" outside a small group of friends who informally discuss practices, thoughts, or beliefs. I imagine they exist but I just don't know them.

Old 01-04-2023, 02:32 PM

39 posts, read 20,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post
Maybe problematic for those without community but the best I could say is support and exchange of ideas for this topic. I recently told my therapist that I basically feel that in general when I really needed it my community did not have my "back" so to speak. Or perhaps I should say "I" am the one who controls my life and only "I" can "save myself"... am I making any sense here? When I say "save myself" I mean get "**** together" or life together.
I have learned that alot of times when you need someone to be encouraging to you within your relational circle, it just doesnt happen. We live in a self indulgent world i am sorry. But spirituality is encouragement and once you belief in yourself and growth mentally, you wont need your back covered because the shield of faith and self belief will cover back, front and sides.

Old 01-09-2023, 10:16 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
I am quietly supportive to other Pagans. I mean that in a sweetly generic Wiccan way.

Old 01-10-2023, 09:55 AM

827 posts, read 630,865 times
does some of you have a link to a pagan forum or discord?
I'am looking for some answear.

Old 06-24-2023, 03:02 AM

529 posts, read 181,972 times
Merry Meet Julesevar. Well I wrote a Triology series of a wonderful fictitious story centering around teenage witches that portray the beauty, kindness, love and trust of the Wicca religion. I also wrote a spinoff related story centering around a psychologist and a wonderful eccentric and amazing princess witch he married In 5 days. That story is based on real witches, werewolves and vampires or people that think their vampires and wolves in my home town. It's a light hearted funny and dramatic tale of true love with a wonderful supporting cast of Characters I just love to death in my story and in my real life too. If you are interested in reading my stories just go to my blog site in my profile section because I'm posting my two favorite Wicca stories "The Book of life Return to Earth" and my other favorite story "Don't talk to evil Witches especially Her."

In addition to writing short stories involving Wicca I also written thousands of articles across the world involving Witchcraft and Wicca. I also had the honor of meeting renown lecturer, psychologist and Wicca High Priestess Vivianne Crowley. She is an amazing lady and her harmonic voice is breathtaking when she sings to call out the quarters in a ritualistic circle. I also had the privilege of meeting over 20 separate Wicca covens in my region that I call family. I also co-host several family themed pagan events from 2 local covens in my area involving Pagan kids at the Zoo day. A kids night out at a Mr. Gattis pizza restaurant to provide a safe family night out of witches and their children to spend quality time together, I also assisted with a Pagan pride day in my town and served food to the homeless with Pagans during the holidays.

I gave so much to my Pagan community, but I got so much more in return! I received a wonderful feeling of love from people I consider family that are kind and deserving to be loved. These wonderful people humbled me and gave me hope for humanity, that there are still people out there that care for the world and each other as a family. I can't thank them enough for all the special times I got to share with people I so dearly love!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 06-24-2023 at 03:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism