Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 10:28 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,796,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanside_M View Post
Sorry to hear about your disappointment. Don't get caught up in the mess of this and that. At least you are able to have children. There are plenty of couples who would want daughters or sons but can't have children.
Exactly. Or perpetually single people who'd love to have a family. I'm speaking for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 10:50 AM

5,585 posts, read 6,517,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybyrd96 View Post
I'm disappointed. I have two daughters from previous relationships. I have a daughter with my new wife. I wanted a son. The ultrasound said we're having another girl. What should I do?
Really? What should you do? OK, how's this.........abort this and any other pregnancy that results in a female child and keep trying until you have a male.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:56 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,585,874 times
Give up and love your 3 girls. A family in our town wanted a girl. After 12 boys, they just gave up. They sure did have 12 super nice and handsome boys though!

Old 10-07-2019, 09:23 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,311,201 times
Quote:
I'm disappointed. I have two daughters from previous relationships. I have a daughter with my new wife. I wanted a son. The ultrasound said we're having another girl. What should I do?
Put your big boy pants on and love and raise your daughters.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,857,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It is definitely way more accurate than that!

https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/st...boy-or-a-girl/
Yes at later stages and with modern equipment. As I said, the doctor who told me that was quite some time ago and we were talking about very early ultrasound. The article above states early ultrasounds are not very accurate. Probably more accurate than then, and the Dr. was probably exaggerating a bit. He was trying to make the point that early ultrasounds are worthless for gender detection. I do not think he had a count. That was pack when people used extreme statements to make a point and other people understood that. It was before the days of "Give me link. Show me a study. I want statistics so I can critique your statement." Neither I nor the doctor thought for a minute that he actually had statistics that showed 50% accuracy. HE was making a funny statement based on his experience. Today people seem unable to understand that type of humorous anecdote to make a point. I am not sure why that is, I think people just do not think as much anymore. They just want to see stats so they can count numbers without having to think or try to understand humor. That is why people who use sarcasm or humor regularly to explain things are rarely understood anymore.

I thought the doctors comment was very funny since, obviously 50% is as accurate as just guessing. I also understood his point, early ultrasounds are very inaccurate, so do not rely on one and go out and buy gender specific toys clothing etc.

Same thing happened to some relatives yesterday. Very early ultrasound said girl, They announced Girl. Later ultrasound said "nope - boy." Now they announced boy. It was amusing to me given this thread discussion.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
"North of 90%" after 18 weeks.
https://www.livescience.com/45582-boy-or-girl.html

Old 10-23-2019, 10:05 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,617 times
A bit off-topic - Anne Georgulas is transitioning one of her twin sons (through donor eggs via ivf). She started calling him Luna and he is barely seven years old (reminds me of Josef Mengele). Don't be Anne Georgulas. Having daughters is awesome.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:03 AM

22,674 posts, read 36,826,713 times
My sister and her husband had another child because they wanted a boy after two girls. It was a girl - but she's transgendered and now goes by a male name. Maybe you'll get lucky and that will happen for you!

Old 11-21-2019, 06:33 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
I saw a couple on Forensic Files only yesterday, the wife got life for murdering their baby girls. Reason? Husband didn't want girls, and refused to share a bed with his wife because she 'gave him' girls.

Be grateful you can have children at all. If I had a father with your chauvinism, I'd disown him.
If someone had to die, why not the husband?

Old 11-25-2019, 01:17 AM

24,128 posts, read 32,512,221 times
Quote:
You should love your third daughter.

There are reasons why people have a preponderance of girls - or boys. If you do not believe me, I will provide a link to Columbia University's Landrum B. Shettels.

Until then, I will summarize Dr. Shettles' research - and my own.

Men and Women who have a preponderance of daughters tend to -

1. Have a lot of sex. Lots. Often the sex is male initiated.

2. Do not plan sex. More accidental pregnancies seem to be female than male.

3. Involve a dominant male partner who in many cases, but not all, would prefer a son.

Couples who have sons then to -

1. Have less sex.

2. Plan sex around ovulation.

3. Frequently the pregnancy is FEMALE DRIVEN, not male.

4. The pregnancy is planned.

https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/shettle...-sex-selection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy