Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 11:54 PM

69 posts, read 44,463 times

Advertisements

As of 2024, Spokane and its metro area is over 80% White, it's one of the whitest regions in America with a population over 500K. The foreign born population is mainly white immigrants from Eastern Europe, lots of Ukrainians, Russians, and Bosnians. Crazy how the demographics of the city has changed so little since 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 04:05 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,408,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshadow914 View Post
As of 2024, Spokane and its metro area is over 80% White, it's one of the whitest regions in America with a population over 500K. The foreign born population is mainly white immigrants from Eastern Europe, lots of Ukrainians, Russians, and Bosnians. Crazy how the demographics of the city has changed so little since 2008
I think that's the way it is at the moment.

Nothing wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with a city that's 80% Black or East Asian or Latin, for example.

Old 01-16-2024, 10:30 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
What do the residents think of it? They don't think anything of it. It isn't something that anyone thinks about.

Why is there not more diversity? Because people of minority races, who have their choice about places to live, do not choose Spokane. You'll have to ask them why. No one in Spokane is making any sort of effort of any kind to keep them out. If they made the choice to move to Spokane, they could move to Spokane.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:40 AM

5 posts, read 3,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I recently spend some time in Spokane and thought I had gone back in time. It seemed like the 1970s before America was flooded with immigrants and multi culturalism became so hip.

I hardly saw any non whites in Spokane. According to the US Census Whites make up 92% of the population of Spokane Washington. Only 4.5% are foreign born. I am not saying this is good or bad, but it was a different world than what I experience in the DC area and my regular travels in CA.

What do the residents of Spokane think about the lack of ethnic diversity in Spokane. Please no politically correct or racist posts!

As someone who lives in the Pullman-Moscow area, this is definitley a white-ass region! I mean it doesn't surprise me considering the much lower population density out here. Central Washington towns like Othello and Yakima have lots of Hispanic and migrant workers on the local farms and at restaurants.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 3,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshadow914 View Post

No kidding, I replied to OP not knowing this is a 16 year old post lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area