Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 07:09 AM

56 posts, read 69,827 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am planning to relocate to Vancouver British Columbia next year,my fiancé is a Canadian citizen , I am a US Citizen and we both are African Americans we are getting married also next year too he originally from Montreal he just move to Vancouver because of a good paying job and since it’s not cold as Montreal we decide we gonna call Vancouver our home for the next 3 to 4 years . I would like to know where can we find a home to rent outside of Vancouver since I noticed rent it’s very expensive there, we want to stay within 45 minutes to 1 hour diverse family friendly neighborhood/community , low crime ,good public high school close to shopping center/ grocery store/ amenities/ good restaurant / public transportation and places you can go to have some fun on the weekend as family . I would prefer to rent a house but open to townhouse also my budget is $3,300 for a 3 beds 2 bath with private garage any feedback will greatly appreciate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 09:36 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Sorry, based on your posting history on City Data in the past 9 years I can't think of anything satisfactory to suggest to you that will potentially meet with your approval. But I just wanted to comment about your questionable practise of constantly relocating that will come up and might cause suspicion and social problems for your children in any of the schools in Canada if you bring your children here.

Based on your posts it looks like you may have been avoiding or running away from something, continually uprooting and moving your family around from one town to another to another to another throughout the United States for the past 8 or 9 years or more or at least since you joined City Data.

That continual disruption and lack of stability for your children will be reflected in your children's social behaviour, their education, knowledge and mental health status and may attract some negative attention and suspicion from other students and staff who are going to become concerned and wanting to know what is going on with your family and questioning if a social services intervention is required. Haven't you noticed that all that continual disruption and uprooting and moving your children around from one place to another and from one school to another causes educational set backs and social problems for your children?

I will suggest that you choose your new location and residential neighbourhood in British Columbia very well with discretion because whatever town you move to you won't have much choice about what public schools your kids will be going to. That decision of which school to assign your children to is made by the regional school board, not by the parents, unless the parents choose to send their kids to private schools.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:49 PM

A couple of other things I forgot to mention. Do you have the required education and skills and have you already gotten confirmation that you will be qualified and eligible on your own merit to immigrate and live and work in Canada? Because getting married to a Canadian citizen won't be a guarantee that you will be eligible and authorized to move yourself and your children to Canada as immigrants. Your new fiance might have to apply to immigrate to USA instead if he wants to be with you. Will he be qualified and willing to do that?

With regard to the remaining children that you still have in your custody at this time, will there be any interference from their own father, your estranged husband who lives in the USA, with regard to you removing his children from the USA and taking them to another country? Will he give his required written permission and will he continue to pay child support if you move his children across international borders so you can be married to a foreigner in another country? Is the Canadian man in a good economic position and agreeable to supporting you and your children if their own father refuses to pay for your family's support?

You need to make sure that your fiance is qualified as a sponsor and that you will actually be legally eligible and approved to immigrate to Canada with your children. You'll need to have all your ducks in a row with approval from Canadian immigration authorities and from both your estranged husband and your future husband before you think about making plans for looking for a future community to move to in a different country.

Since your fiance is already going to be there in Vancouver perhaps he can find a suitable community for the whole family

Old 09-05-2022, 09:21 PM

Since you want to know about our incomes my will be 70k and my fiancée is $16.000 a month both of us are professionals and don’t worry I’ve been to Canada many times and I’m not gonna be illegal next time do not judge by the skin color a lot of African Americans are doing very well.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:38 PM

Before you judge me why not asking first oh I see just because I mentioned we both African Americans you assume I’m on the run you can contact social services if you feel some type of way about me l. Since you mentioned my children one is a first year law student the second one is a first year Medical student and the third one is a freshman at the University of Washington Major in Biological Science don’t be quick to judge ok when I moved to Atlanta I moved because I secured a job there since then I’ve been there I was going to move to Missouri to take care of my parents I changed my mind I brought them to Georgia and I am not with a stranger/foreigner we from in the same country ok my fiancée lives with me he was working remote and traveling to Canada Twice a month since they offered him a better position with a higher income he took it.I am not unstable ok and if I was not qualified to work in Canada I don’t think I would have got the job by the way it’s a professional job!

Old 09-05-2022, 10:47 PM

I couldn't care less about your skin colour or if you're African Americans or if you're both one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eating Extra Terrestrials from Mars or pink polka-dotted and green striped Pod People from Venus. Makes no difference to me since I have no skin in anyone's racial games and you should be careful about throwing your racial accusations around if you come to Canada because Canadians will laugh at you for having such instant hair trigger racial sensitivities. We're talking about Canada here, not the USA, and Canada is not the same as USA. You should already know that if you've already been to Canada so many times.

My advice and tips I passed along to you were based strictly on your past 9 years of posting history here on City Data forum. Your posting history is all the things that you've said in all your posts on the forum. I'm familiar with all of your posts because they have all been peculiarly curious posts and I've followed your progress with interest over the years. I'm familiar with how many children you've said you had (more than 3) and how old you've said they all are and the towns and states that you've tried out, and about your husband etc., etc.

Perhaps you should review your own posting history to refresh your memory about the things you've said and some of the inconsistencies contained in the information you have posted about yourself and your family. And for your information you do not write or spell or express yourself like any kind of professional anything so you might want to work on your writing and grammar and how you present yourself when talking in person if you expect to be working as a professional of any kind in Canada. It will be expected of you to BE professional and that includes not being a hot-head and losing your temper because of a certain lack of comprehension of the written words.

I hope your fiance in Vancouver can find a location that suits your expectations. There is a lot to choose from and everything you're looking for is there for you. Frankly I think you should go there yourself in person for several days so that you can both go looking together at all the towns and cities that are in the Greater Vancouver Regional District and the rest of the Fraser Valley and lower mainland within an hour and a half of the city of Vancouver.

Good luck, I hope everything works out okay for you. Keep your cool.

Here, this is to give you something to laugh about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jV-E09efRE

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-05-2022 at 11:36 PM..

Old 09-06-2022, 12:05 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,318,769 times
Not to discourage anyone, but Zo is absolutely right. It will be tough to move here without a BCCNM registration.

Quote:
Internationally-educated nurses
All internationally-educated nurses (IEN) applicants must meet the mandatory requirements to be eligible for registration.
https://www.bccnm.ca/RN/applications...s/Default.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver