Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2024, 07:45 PM

174 posts, read 414,170 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing a town home in Montgomery Village. I am not too familiar with the area so I am starting my research. Can anybody give me some insight on this area? How's the crime? The town home community is in 20886 zip code. I have no kids yet so schools is not a factor and I am a single male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2024, 09:04 PM

183 posts, read 164,264 times
Is this in the small group of townhouses near Lakeforest?
That's probably the most dangerous area in Gaithersburg.

Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM

1,230 posts, read 825,595 times
Which part of MV?

The general rule of thumb is that stay away from the area near the former Lakeforest Mall.

It's overall a mix bag when it comes to crime.

Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM

183 posts, read 164,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Which part of MV?

The general rule of thumb is that stay away from the area near the former Lakeforest Mall.

My mom literally rented to a guy who came out of there a few years back. He grew up on the Horizon Run Ct.

Dude is a habitual armed robber. Just recently, they did another crime but they improved their scheme such that the jury only convicted them of assault. Now, he didn't threaten me or my mother in the housing relationship and in fact covered it up well demeanor wise, but I checked his court records. His brother is also a habitual criminal. Our house is not in the court records.

Old Today, 07:04 AM

11,001 posts, read 4,696,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethGrayson View Post
Is this in the small group of townhouses near Lakeforest?
That's probably the most dangerous area in Gaithersburg.

holy buckets, I used to live there (albeit in 1999)

it was actually NICE then....bad now?

Old Today, 07:06 AM

11,001 posts, read 4,696,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Which part of MV?

2nd holy buckets....its gone? the HR block in sears is where I met my 'tax lady' 25 years ago whom we became good friends with since. what is on the location now? (yes, it has been that long since I got off at that exit)

Old Today, 07:13 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,712,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
2nd holy buckets....its gone? the HR block in sears is where I met my 'tax lady' 25 years ago whom we became good friends with since. what is on the location now? (yes, it has been that long since I got off at that exit)
The mall closed last year. The site is slated to be redeveloped into ~1600 residential units and 1M+ sqft of office and retail space. I would guess we're at least a couple years away from groundbreaking and, considering the scale, it'll probably be 10-15+ years before the entire site is built out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland