Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:43 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times

Advertisements

Commercial

- Chu Eyeworks
7th & University, West 7th
This curved, modern, 4 story building is planned for Dr. Chu's Eyeworks for offices and ground floor retail, just like the rest of West 7th. It would occupy the open space left on that block, right on the corner of University & West 7th, no doubt complementing the entire area in architecture.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 07:27 PM

Public

- New Will Rogers Arena
Harley & Trail, WMRC

FWBP article:
Quote:
The Fort Worth City Council is moving the long-discussed idea of building a new multipurpose arena in the city’s Will Rogers Memorial Center ahead, and is scheduled to vote Tuesday on a resolution saying it supports a public-private partnership and the search for funding.

The resolution is a necessary step under state law before the City Council can call an election on certain funding sources. The election would likely be in November, Councilman Dennis Shingleton, who represents the West Side, said in an interview.

The city said the partnership would be a 50-50 split between public and private money; it must have at least 40 percent private funds to qualify for certain state sources. Event Facilities Fort Worth, a 501(c)3 nonprofit that has long benefitted the Fort Worth Stock Show and Will Rogers facilities, has agreed to raise the private money, Susan Alanis, assistant city manager, said in an interview Friday.

The estimated cost of the 14,000-seat arena hasn’t been determined yet, city officials said.

“I expect it to be high, but I also expect it to be one of the great venues for the city,” Shingleton said. “It’s going to be a commercial draw for the city” and, at the same time, it will allow the city to raze the aging, outmoded Convention Center Arena downtown and expand that facility, he said.

The new Will Rogers arena and support facilities would be built on an existing parking lot at Harley and Gendy streets.

The new arena will be able to host concerts, family shows, sporting events, community and high school sporting events and ceremonies, rodeos, and other agricultural and equestrian shows, city officials say. It would take pressure off of the 5,700-5,900-seat Will Rogers Coliseum and broaden the city’s event draw, city officials have said.

The city and business establishment have long backed the construction of a new arena at Will Rogers.

The council’s move on the area is in conjunction with an outside study it commissioned on the city’s convention and hotel needs. The authors of that study have preliminarily determined the city needs tear down the Convention Center arena, replace it with modern facilities, and back the construction of new full-service hotel space around the Convention Center.

If the plan moves forward, the city would look to build the new Will Rogers first, then begin work on the Convention Center remodel, city officials said.

Kirk Slaughter, the city’s special events director and manager of the Convention Center and Will Rogers complex, said it would probably take about three years from when voters approve the funding measures to get the new Will Rogers arena built.

The new arena would “add more flex” to the Will Rogers complex and enable the city go after some of the larger equestrian shows it hasn’t been able to recruit, said Slaughter, Will Rogers’ chief salesman.

Fort Worth has competed chiefly against Oklahoma City and Tulsa for major equestrian shows.

Once voters approve the money, "we're going to start marketing that arena," Slaughter said. "Hey, this is the best one ever to be built. Let's do business here."
Large map showing where the new arena will be. (Personally, I would have preferred downtown or Lancaster & 7th, but I guess this will do)

Old 07-14-2014, 10:39 PM

Commercial

- The Outlets at Alliance
Off I-35W & Alliance Gateway, Alliance

To add to the growth of the Alliance Corridor, there are plans for a new outdoor outlet mall, the likes of which are seen in Houston, Allen, and Grand Prairie. It will feature 8 long buildings on a site located just north of Cabela's. Tenants have yet to be confirmed.
Target completion date is Fall 2015

Old 07-14-2014, 10:50 PM

232 posts, read 360,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Thanks. I'm not near done yet, though.

I'm hoping someone sticks this.
I am trying to give you reputation points (again) but the site keeps informing me that I need to spread around some reputation points before giving you some again.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
I am trying to give you reputation points (again) but the site keeps informing me that I need to spread around some reputation points before giving you some again.
Thanks.

Just saw that there was a severe lack of posts and threads like these.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:55 PM

232 posts, read 360,506 times
Quote:
Commercial & Residential

- Stockyards Additions & Renovations
Stockyards
The future of the historic district will see 3 areas in and around the Stockyards redeveloped. The north, Marine Creek, and the abandoned Swift-Armour ruins will see new residential spaces, entertainment, stores, hotels, parking, office space, and greenspace. The existing mule barns and Stockyard Station will receive as much attention as the new buildings and the new building should match the architecture of the surrounding area.
Currently on the drawing board.
PDF

Nothing compares to a good view of a parking garage/surface parking right outside your window @Swift-Armour District

Old 07-14-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
Nothing compares to a good view of a parking garage/surface parking right outside your window @Swift-Armour District
Actually, they're just going to get rid of the old Swift-Armour ruins.

I actually wished they reused them for something different. There's a former abandoned factory somewhere in Baltimore that's used as a music venue. When i find it I'll post it.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:03 PM

Addition to Edwards Ranch. It's a cycling and fitness center opening in 2015. Should be great for that area since it's right along the Trinity Trails.

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...81926145_o.jpg

Also last night, the city council approved re-zoning of the Stockyards and the 14,000 seat arena near the WMRC, plans for more hotels, and more....

Council approves new Cultural District arena | Fort Worth | News from Fort Worth, Dallas...

Last edited by Acntx; 04-30-2015 at 02:10 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 07:46 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Quote:
Addition to Edwards Ranch. It's a cycling and fitness center opening in 2015. Should be great for that area since it's right along the Trinity Trails.

Also last night, the city council approved re-zoning of the Stockyards and the 14,000 seat arena near the WMRC, plans for more hotels, and more....

Council approves new Cultural District arena | Fort Worth | News from Fort Worth, Dallas...
14000 seats way too small. This is typical Fort Worth thinking small. If Fort Worth really wanted to attract major events why not build a 18000 seat arena. OKC has one.

In other news It turns out the Omni Hotel should have been 10 to 15 stories taller to meet downtown hotel capacity.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
14000 seats way too small. This is typical Fort Worth thinking small. If Fort Worth really wanted to attract major events why not build a 18000 seat arena. OKC has one.

In other news It turns out the Omni Hotel should have been 10 to 15 stories taller to meet downtown hotel capacity.
Yeah, I was actually in a small dicussion about the Omni. But there may be plans to replace the May Owens TCC center just south of it for more space.

As for the arena, it was originally supposed to be 12k.

14k is still kind of small, but it's manageable. We ain't gettin' an NBA franchise anytime soon and the arena itself was meant for the WMRC and rodeo, so I wont trip over 14k... for now. We haven't seen the renders so there could be a chance and room for expansion.

We'll just have to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth