Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 10:02 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,331,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
City code enforcement typcially doesn't oversee resident policies or punish or fine individual tenants of an apartment complex.
Occupancy limits come under fire and safety, and if the property is within city limits, Code handles it instead of the Fire Marshall.

You are wrong about enforcement of occupancy limits. Tenants can be fined and force to move. What other "stick" do you think the city uses to enforce ordinances if not fines?
However, believe whatever suits you. I have better things to do than to argue about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 10:38 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesRcool View Post
thanks for the info, can you tell me where that is publically posted? I want to make sure I have my sources straight if I need them.
The apartment lease had the maximum number of occupants stated in it. That's why they asked at the office, and were given 6 months grace period after the birth to move up to a 2-bedroom.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
The apartment lease had the maximum number of occupants stated in it. That's why they asked at the office, and were given 6 months grace period after the birth to move up to a 2-bedroom.
Yes, because that is the law on occupancy.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:37 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,314,226 times
Whose law? A Google search leads to state law saying 3 adults per bedroom.

See here: https://texas.public.law/statutes/te...section_92.010

Old 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Whose law? A Google search leads to state law saying 3 adults per bedroom.

See here: https://texas.public.law/statutes/te...section_92.010
This is correct.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:50 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
You need to call the city and speak to Code Compliance. They are your authority for what you can and cannot do. If you were to be cited, it would be a HEFTY fine. I am talking many hundreds of dollars. Do not risk it. It is not worth the fine and having it on your record.
This is tyranny the way it’s written. When you succumb to city or state ordinances on what you “can and can’t do” as it pertains to living, you’ve lost the spirit of America.

Forget the ten cars parked out front of a 3 bedroom house, which clearly indicates code violations for occupancy and focus on the newborn living with a young couple in a single bedroom.

In reality, most parents WANT to get that second bedroom for children when it’s possible. The issue is self assessing and rarely requires “code enforcement “ and hefty fines.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:13 AM

9,115 posts, read 6,160,628 times
One of the dumbest practices ever.

Right up there with parents decrying the possibility that siblings might have to share a bedroom. Oh the horror!

Old 09-12-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
This is tyranny the way it’s written. When you succumb to city or state ordinances on what you “can and can’t do” as it pertains to living, you’ve lost the spirit of America.

Forget the ten cars parked out front of a 3 bedroom house, which clearly indicates code violations for occupancy and focus on the newborn living with a young couple in a single bedroom.

In reality, most parents WANT to get that second bedroom for children when it’s possible. The issue is self assessing and rarely requires “code enforcement “ and hefty fines.
The laws are written to protect all citizens from social and environmental problems. Children should not be sleeping in a room with two adults even if those adults are the parents. You do not have to think about this for long before you can start to come up with good reasons why it should not be permitted.

This likely has been a problem for millennia---people procreating without being able to financially provide for their offspring. In most cases it is generational. It is not the children's fault. So what is the solution?

The solution is simple. There should be a redistribution of wealth via the tax system. The rest of society should pay for all of it. Those people who have done family planning and who can afford to raise the children they planned for should have to take up the responsibility for financially providing for the children of those who did not plan and cannot pay to raise their children. This has to be the solution because after all, society cannot turn its back on helpless, blameless children.

In fact, the United States should not only care for these American citizen families, it also should care for immigrant and refugee families, too. They should all be housed, fed, clothed, and educated. After all, America is rich, rich, rich! It can absorb and care for everyone! It is not only the "right" thing to do, in practical terms ultimately it is the only thing to do because we will always have people procreating despite not being able to financially provide for their offspring.

Of course, there also will always be that segment of society who will rebel against common sense solutions like this one. They will complain and say "if I could plan for my own family and pay to house, feed, clothe, and educate myself and my children, then everyone else could and should do the same!" Of course, that heartless segment will be voted down because as has been said, society cannot turn its back on helpless, innocent children!

However, that heartless segment of society will respond by making it as difficult as possible for these other needy families, and they certainly will see to it that although these needy families may get housing, food, education, etc., it will be at as minimal a level as possible. Under no circumstances will they be allowed to live as comfortably as the responsible segment of society. If they are kept in "poverty," perhaps it will motivate them to stop having children they cannot afford to support. Well, maybe it will......

Last edited by PhinneyWalker; 09-12-2023 at 10:38 AM..

Old 09-12-2023, 10:47 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
The laws are written to protect all citizens from social and environmental problems. Children should not be sleeping in a room with two adults even if those adults are the parents. You do not have to think about this for long before you can start to come up with good reasons why it should not be permitted.

This likely has been a problem for millennia---people procreating without being able to financially provide for their offspring. In most cases it is generational. It is not the children's fault. So what is the solution?

The solution is simple. There should be a redistribution of wealth via the tax system. The rest of society should pay for all of it. Those people who have done family planning and who can afford to raise the children they planned for should have to take up the responsibility for financially providing for the children of those who did not plan and cannot pay to raise their children. This has to be the solution because after all, society cannot turn its back on helpless, blameless children.

In fact, the United States should not only care for these American citizen families, it also should care for immigrant and refugee families, too. They should all be housed, fed, clothed, and educated. After all, America is rich, rich, rich! It can absorb and care for everyone! It is not only the "right" thing to do, in practical terms ultimately it is the only thing to do because we will always have people procreating despite not being able to financially provide for their offspring.

Of course, there also will always be that segment of society who will rebel against common sense solutions like this one. They will complain and say "if I could plan for my own family and pay to house, feed, clothe, and educate myself and my children, then everyone else could and should do the same!" Of course, that heartless segment will be voted down because as has been said, society cannot turn its back on helpless, innocent children!

However, that heartless segment of society will respond by making it as difficult as possible for these other needy families, and they certainly will see to it that although these needy families may get housing, food, education, etc., it will be at as minimal a level as possible. Under no circumstances will they be allowed to live as comfortably as the responsible segment of society. If they are kept in "poverty," perhaps it will motivate them to stop having children they cannot afford to support. Well, maybe it will......
Well Phinney, what got your craw today?

I am a supporter of "do something about your situation" not "let someone else do it for you". Look at some of the classic communist and all inclusive situations. Not too many have withstood the test of time.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:14 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
I am a supporter of "do something about your situation" not "let someone else do it for you". Look at some of the classic communist and all inclusive situations. Not too many have withstood the test of time.
I agree. I am not going to financially support the living expenses of people who are not my own family, and even supporting my own family would only be temporary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth