Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 06:50 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times

Advertisements

Finally seeing a new hotel to replace the old Days Inn property at University and Marsha Sharp. Ground was broken in October. It's going to be a new, five-story Hampton Inn & Suites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 05:50 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Finally seeing a new hotel to replace the old Days Inn property at University and Marsha Sharp. Ground was broken in October. It's going to be a new, five-story Hampton Inn & Suites.
Unless I’m mistaken, the new Hampton Inn & Suites is going in where the Savoy Condos and a somewhat dilapidated shopping center used to be, where Fourth Street meets the Marsha Sharp Freeway. Not sure what’s going in on the old Days Inn/Stadium Motel site.

It did look as though another hotel (Residence Inn?) was being put up next to Panda Express just NE of Jones Stadium, last time I was there in November.

All of the sites mentioned are seemingly within shouting distance of each other, so maybe I’m nitpicking some. However, it illustrates that a lot is still happening around there.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Unless I’m mistaken, the new Hampton Inn & Suites is going in where the Savoy Condos and a somewhat dilapidated shopping center used to be, where Fourth Street meets the Marsha Sharp Freeway. Not sure what’s going in on the old Days Inn/Stadium Motel site.

It did look as though another hotel (Residence Inn?) was being put up next to Panda Express just NE of Jones Stadium, last time I was there in November.

All of the sites mentioned are seemingly within shouting distance of each other, so maybe I’m nitpicking some. However, it illustrates that a lot is still happening around there.

Serves me right (okay, maybe not) for using Google Street View....

I did wonder why that specific space looked a wee bit small.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:02 PM

38 posts, read 38,174 times
The building going up behind Panda Express looks larger than I would expect for a hotel in that location. I'm thinking it's probably an apartment building.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKomarek View Post
The building going up behind Panda Express looks larger than I would expect for a hotel in that location. I'm thinking it's probably an apartment building.
No, not that location. What I referred to was across the freeway, at the southeast corner of Marsha Sharp and University.

As for what you've mentioned, that's a corner which will be worth watching soon. I already know about Panda Express there. We'll keep an eye on that in due course.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:04 AM

You know, this subject could be a good story for one of the Lubbock media people to cover. There are at least FOUR off-campus construction sites within walking distance of Jones Stadium, but I’ve seen confusion on multiple web sites as to what’s going in where. A map accompanying the story would help.

Here are the four I’m aware of:

NE corner of MSF/Fourth St./Detroit Ave.
216 University Ave. N of Chick-Fil-A & Popeye’s (Link to description of retail center U/C)
SW corner of Ave. X/Third St. (NE corner of MSF & University: apartments?)
SE corner of MSF/University Ave. next to 7/11 (?)

I’m 99% sure that the Hampton Inn & Suites is going in at the first location. Not sure about the last two.

(Sorry to add to the confusion, Case & FKomarek.)

Last edited by shoe01; 01-15-2020 at 04:33 AM..

Old 01-15-2020, 04:30 AM

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/2...mpression=true

The 220-unit grad student apartment complex downtown is new, as is the renovation & possible renaming of the Wells Fargo building. The new apartments would go in on what is currently two adjacent surface parking lots.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:31 PM

Default More on the new grad student complex

https://www.kcbd.com/2020/01/25/grou...outputType=amp

If you scroll down, the small truck shows two renderings. Note the next-to-last sentence above that photo.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:42 AM

Local housing market update:

https://www.kcbd.com/2020/04/29/lubb...strong-stable/

Old 07-29-2020, 04:02 PM

Making a comeback: Ranch House Restaurant.

Yep. It's making a return to their longtime location on Buddy Holly Avenue. That building has had nobody lease that property the last few years since Ranch House vacated it. But Ranch House is back, with the same menu and hours as before. They've even revived their Facebook page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock