Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 02:40 PM

529 posts, read 181,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Ask a Witch?? OK: What is the difference between a good witch and a bad witch?
Merry Meet ManApplet,
Oh my Goddess, I really love you question, it's the most favorite one to answer! It always reminds me of the 1939 Wizard of Oz classic movie when Glinda asks Dorothy "Are you a good witch or a bad witch"

Oh that scene always makes me laugh, ha-ha, but in all seriousness, the best way to tell the difference between a good witch and a bad one is to ask them the "H" question.

"Are you here to "Help" or "Harm" the people you come into contact with"? It's a very basic question but such a good one to ask, because it addresses the very heart of your nature that's inside of you.

There are all kinds of people from all walks of life, some good, some bad, some neutral, and that includes witches. We really aren't that different than most people but we do dress weird from time to time and that's what makes it so much fun about us.

Anyway, there is an old saying we good witches have that the bad witches absolutely hate about us. It goes something like this "The power of 3, Blessed Be!"

It's a reminder to treat others the way you want to be treated and that everything you send out to the universe comes back to you times three. I send out love, healings and positive energy out to the world and what I get in return just melts my heart! A simple smile of a person that was glad I made their day. I hope I made you smile today, and thanks for your question my love, it was fun answering it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2023, 11:09 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Merry Meet everyone; I am a full practicing Christian/Wiccan/Shamanistic Witch and I thought it would be fun to have a light-hearted post where you can ask a witch anything you wonder about in a safe non judgemental environment. I am not an expert on any subject, but I have vast experiences with people of all Faith's and personal rituals I use during Sabbaths and Esbats celebrations I perform on my own. I can't speak for all witches when I reply, but I will give the best honest answers I have to demystify witchcraft and hopefully put a human face to The Craft I humbly perform.

Thanks and can't wait to here from you family, Blessed Be!
Merry Meet, High Priestes Sarah!

I have always been drawn to Witchcraft - for so many reasons. I wasn't traumatized by the religion I was raised in, and the teachings of Jesus all seemed in harmony with my spirit. However, I still felt a silvery call from the moon. I was never made a witch. I've never been in a coven, although, as a Libra, I'd like to work in partnership with others. I go to Lily Dare Assembly every summer, which I know is run by the Spiritualist Church, which began as a break away from Protestantism. Today, it would be hard to find a full Christian in Lily Dale; many are witches. All different KINDS of WITCHES! There are so, so many!

Are there books that you suggest I read? I read a lot of Raymond Buckland back in the day and worked
candle magic - however, I was never taught to cast a circle. I think some unsavory things occurred that may be a result of that.

Ancestors are brought up now far more frequently than they were in the 70s and 80s. How can one worship an ancestor we think was not worthy of respect, much less "worship"? My mother and father were quite nasty and selfish. My grandmothers were not the warm and fuzzy woman that "grandma" generally connotes. My grandfathers were terrible men—selfish womanizers, somewhat biased, cold, accomplished, and unreliable.

To complete a spell recently, a woman about my age - OK, a Crone, who thought I knew more than I do, told me to "call out my wards" to guard my home. I feel silly, but after years of practicing this half-baked form of "Sheena Witch Craft," I am not sure what a ward is, how to make one, do I want one. Is it potentially scary, or more scary without a community?

They seem to be for protection in the context I've heard or read about. But what do they look like? Do they have lives other than serving their witch?

Also, I've heard witches speak of elementals - not those who live in the forest, but those they seem to control. Is this like owning another being? And again, do I need them, and is owning another ethical?

Thank you for reading this! Many of us are glad to have a knowledgeable With on "Staff" here willing to share her experience!

Old 05-26-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Merry Meet, High Priestes Sarah!

I have always been drawn to Witchcraft - for so many reasons. I wasn't traumatized by the religion I was raised in, and the teachings of Jesus all seemed in harmony with my spirit. However, I still felt a silvery call from the moon. I was never made a witch. I've never been in a coven, although, as a Libra, I'd like to work in partnership with others. I go to Lily Dare Assembly every summer, which I know is run by the Spiritualist Church, which began as a break away from Protestantism. Today, it would be hard to find a full Christian in Lily Dale; many are witches. All different KINDS of WITCHES! There are so, so many!

Are there books that you suggest I read? I read a lot of Raymond Buckland back in the day and worked
candle magic - however, I was never taught to cast a circle. I think some unsavory things occurred that may be a result of that.

Ancestors are brought up now far more frequently than they were in the 70s and 80s. How can one worship an ancestor we think was not worthy of respect, much less "worship"? My mother and father were quite nasty and selfish. My grandmothers were not the warm and fuzzy woman that "grandma" generally connotes. My grandfathers were terrible men—selfish womanizers, somewhat biased, cold, accomplished, and unreliable.

To complete a spell recently, a woman about my age - OK, a Crone, who thought I knew more than I do, told me to "call out my wards" to guard my home. I feel silly, but after years of practicing this half-baked form of "Sheena Witch Craft," I am not sure what a ward is, how to make one, do I want one. Is it potentially scary, or more scary without a community?

They seem to be for protection in the context I've heard or read about. But what do they look like? Do they have lives other than serving their witch?

Also, I've heard witches speak of elementals - not those who live in the forest, but those they seem to control. Is this like owning another being? And again, do I need them, and is owning another ethical?

Thank you for reading this! Many of us are glad to have a knowledgeable With on "Staff" here willing to share her experience!

Merry Meet Sheena12 and thanks so much for being here it's a real pleasure meeting you! You have so many good questions I was hoping someone would ask, this is what being a witch is all about!

So, my dear, let's get to your questions and do a quick assessment of your life. First of all, I think you are doing wonderful, your heart is in the right place, and I can tell you are a kind person. You had people that weren't kind to you from the past and what made things worse is that most were family members, but that is ok. Let's see if we can help the healing process so you can leave those things behind and be the happy sweet person you truly are and deserve to be!

I am Wicca from my mother's Irish Celtic roots and Shaman from my father's Native American folk Magick side. One of the beliefs Shamanism has from my Native American culture is that we should honor our elders from the past, but what if they were mean and nasty or selfish? I can't honor some of the elders from my past because they were womanizers and others had a real mean streak in them too. I may not be able to honor them, but I can forgive them because they made many mistakes in their life. Forgiving them helped heal me and even better, it helped me to live my life in peace. I pity them now because they never got to have a real relationship with a woman. When you have mutual respect and love for that special person in your life you really find happiness. They missed out so much on their life. In the end though, I suppose I could honor them by forgiving the mistakes they made so that others can forgive the mistakes I make in my life too. There was one thing I really found about myself during the whole process, I found the ability to Love and Forgive!

Ok, that was intense lol, let's get to fun parts of your question because this is where we can go back to being kids so that we can be in awe and wonder of this incredible world we are part of. Sometimes I call our world Mother Earth and wow she really is alive my dear!

Let's get to some of the questions you had and hopefully I can help out. Circle casting is really easy, there is no way to do it wrong. just have a good heart, leave your stress behind and have fun, when you create your temporary church with love in your heart. To circle cast, you can simply use your finger and pretend to draw a circle around you as you create your sacred space. I like to use unlit candles around me to mark my circle boundaries just so I can get a visual of my circle, but either way is fine as long as you are comfortable with the circle you created. There are words you can say while circle casting your circle and a I'll try to help you circle cast as I keep writing.

I believe you asked about the wards the crone suggested you call to protect your home? This is very easy because the wards she is referring to are the 4 guarding spirits that protect you in your circle and if you bless your home, they will watch over your home too. The 4 wards are (North, Earth element, have a green candle to represent Earth) (East, Air element, have a yellow candle to represent Air) (South, Fire element, have a red candle to represent Fire) and (West, Water element, have a blue candle to represent Water). Since you are a Libra, you are an Air Sign, I'm a Libra too, so our main guardian ward or Spirit/element comes from the element of Air that is East of a circle. You don't have to worry about making a ward because they are already there. I just use the 4 colored candles of Green, Yellow, Red and Blue to honor them and the roles they play to keep us safe. Some people see them as spirit guides or even as goddesses or gods, but I see them more like the elements of Earth and not really living things but spiritual parts of our Earth. At any rate you don't have to fear them because they're not here to harm you, they're here to protect you while you are in your beautiful circle you created out of love.

If you are in a coven, the High Priestess or Priest, will call out to the 4 wards or element guardians of the Earth and welcome them to the circle. It is so fun and magickal. If you are by yourself, you can do the same to invite them and welcome them into your circle too. I personally invite my wards in this order: North, East, South, West. and welcome them to my circle usually something like this:

I face the North and recite these words.
"I call upon the element of Earth and Nature, hail and welcome my mother."

I face the East and recite these words,
"I call upon the element of Air and Intuition, hail and welcome my sister."

I face the South and recite these words.
"I call upon the element of Fire and Justice, hail and welcome my brother."

I face the West and recite these words:
"I call upon the element of Water and Birth, hail and welcome my Lady."

Different witches and different covens may change the order of the calling, but whatever feels best for you that is fine there is no wrong way to call upon the wards or 4 spaces of your circle you made, but if you attend a coven gathering and they circle cast, just ask them what order they call so you can be in unison with the other witches as they face each corner of the circle they created.

After you are finished with your celebrations, meditations, spells or magickal workings be sure to close your circle once you are finished. If you leave a circle open the energy will stay around and it can make you feel dizzy or loopy and out of place. I like to close each area of my circle by saying "Thanks for attending my circle, stay if you can, leave if you must, until we meet again, Merry Part and Merry Meet again.

To answer your second question about Elementals, Witches don't have Elementals, but we can have Familiars, and a Familiar is a simple term that means companion like a cat or a dog. We don't call them pets, because even though we are responsible for their health and safety, we treat them equally as companions, because we don't own them. We just share our life with them as equals do with lots of love and affection. I personally do not have a familiar anymore. When my familiar dog passed away several years ago I decided not to have any more familiars for now. She was such a good sister to have and she visits me from the afterworld from time to time, but I told her it was ok to move on. Some witches believe in Familiars that are spiritual animals or Beings from the spirit world, and it's ok to have them as companions too, but we don't own them and they don't own us, it is a mutual respect and admiration we have for each other ha-ha, but I don't have any spiritual Familiars either and I'm fine by myself.

The last thing I can think of to say is take your time on your spiritual journey. The best part about being a witch is finding out the special person you truly are. Close your eyes for a few moments as you meditate and have a mirror nearby but don't look into it. Imagine what you will see when you open your eyes to look at yourself for the first time. Will you be happy? Sad? Will there be a look on your face with utter amazement as you open your eyes to look at yourself for the first time I can hardly wait!

You see, you are beautiful, don't ever believe you are not! we were trained by society to hate ourselves, to think we are ugly and if we see the beauty in us, they want us to think that there is something wrong with us, but there is not. We are sacred beautiful creatures that was given this beautiful gift of life and there is no ugliness in us when we have love in our heart! This spell is a grounding process, it helps get you in touch with your spiritual side and is wonderful to help with your confidence, self-worth and right to be here on our wonderful Earth. This is one of the first process of a Year and Day study you can take on your spiritual journey if you wish.

Once you are comfortable with seeing the beauty you have, go around and see the beauty in others and our World. Our entire Earth is spinning around just for you to enjoy, and all the humans, animals, plants, and life is revolving right around for you to see! if you can take a few moments of your time, find a safe busy place where people walk by you. Casually observe them as they pass by. Do you see all the different personalities and emotions that are around you. So many people are hurt, spiritually dead, walking around without noticing the incredible Life Force that is begging for them to come out and play, to live their life to the fullest and not to let it pass by. When you start seeing the souls of other people you can see your own soul too, and how we are all connected and dependent on each other for survival. This is a good lesson on shielding. People's energies can be very beautiful, but also very negative at times. Like you said earlier about your parents and grandparents. Don't let their energy or stranger's bad energy affect you. Let the good energy in and make the bad energy go around you.

Well, my love, I hope my suggestions helped answer some of your questions and the spiritual journey you are on. This life is so incredible and it's sad because so many people let it pass by without fully enjoying it. I think that is why I am a witch, I don't want to miss out on the greatest gift of all, the gift of life!

Thanks for your questions and so sorry that there is so much to learn about witchcraft, it can be overwhelming at times, but if you take it easy, have fun, be a kid, and learn to enjoy life, it can be a wonderful journey to take. If you have any more specific questions about The Craft, I will try my best to answer them. Take care and see you later, have fun dear, and see you soon.

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 05-26-2023 at 01:50 PM..

Old 05-26-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Merry, Meet Sheena12 and thanks so much for being here. It's a real pleasure meeting you! You have so many good questions I was hoping someone would ask; this is what being a witch is all about!

So, my dear, let's get to your questions and quickly assess your life. First of all, I think you are doing fantastic, your heart is in the right place, and I can tell you are a kind person. You had people that weren't kind to you from the past, and what made things worse is that most were family members, but that is ok. Let's see if we can help the healing process so you can leave those things behind and be the happy sweet person you indeed are and deserve to be!

I am Wicca from my mother's Irish Celtic roots and Shaman from my father's Native American folk Magick side. One of the beliefs Shamanism has from my Native American culture is that we should honor our elders from the past, but what if they were mean and nasty or selfish? I can't keep some elders from my past because they were womanizers, and others had a real mean streak. I may not be able to honor them, but I can forgive them because they made many mistakes in their life. Ignoring them helped heal me and even better, it helped me to live my life in peace. I pity them now because they never got to have a real relationship with a woman. When you have mutual respect and love for that special person in your life you really find happiness. They missed out so much on their life. In the end though, I suppose I could honor them by forgiving the mistakes they made so that others can forgive the mistakes I make to in my life too. There was one thing I really found about myself during the whole process, I found the ability to Love and Forgive!

Ok, that was intense lol, let's get to fun parts of your question because this is where we can go back to being kids so that we can be in awe and wonder of this incredible world we are part of. Sometimes I call our world Mother Earth and wow she really is alive my dear!

Let's get to some of the questions you had and hopefully I can help out. Circle casting is really easy, there is no way to do it wrong just have a good heart, leave your stress behind and have fun, when you create your temporary church with love in your heart. To circle cast, you can simply use your finger and pretend to draw a circle around you as you create your sacred space. I like to use unlit candles around me to mark my circle boundaries just so I can get a visual of my circle, but either way is fine as long as you are comfortable with the circle you created.

I believe you asked about the wards the crone suggested you call to protect your home? This is very easy because the wards she is referring to are the 4 guarding spirits that protect you in your circle and if you bless your home, they will watch over your home too. The 4 wards are (North, Earth spirit, have a green candle to represent Earth) (East, Air spirit, have a yellow candle to represent Air) (South, Fire, have a red candle to represent Fire) and (West, have a blue candle to represent Water). Since you are a Libra, you are an Air Sign, I'm a Libra too, so our main guardian ward or Spirit comes from the element of Air that is East of a circle. You don't have to worry about making a ward because they are already there. I just use the 4 colored candles of Green, Yellow, Red and Blue to honor them and the roles they play to keep us safe. Some people see them as spirit guides or even as goddesses or gods, but I see them more like the elements of Earth and not really living things but spiritual parts of our Earth. At any rate you don't have to fear them because they're not here to harm you; they're here to protect you while you are in your beautiful circle you created out of love.

If you are in a coven the High Priestess or Priest, will call out to the 4 wards or guardians of the Earth and welcome them to the circle. It is so fun and magickal. If you are by yourself, you can do the same to invite them and welcome them into your circle too. I personally invite my wards in this order: Norh, East, South, West. and welcome them to my circle usually something like this:

I face the North and recite these words.
"I call upon the element of Earth and Nature, hail and welcome my mother."

I face the East and recite these words,
"I call upon the element of Air and Intuition, hail and welcome my sister."

I face the South and recite these words.
"I call upon the element of Fire and Justice, hail and welcome my brother."

I face the West and recite these words:
"I call upon the element of Water and Birth, hail and welcome my Lady."

Different witches and different covens may change the order of the calling, but whatever feels best for you that is fine there is no wrong way to call upon the wards or 4 spaces of your circle you made, but if you attend a coven gathering and they circle cast, just ask them what order they call so you can be in unison with the other witches as they face each corner of the circle they created.

After you are finished with your celebrations, meditations, spells or magickal workings be sure to close your circle once you are finished. If you leave a circle open the energy will stay around it can make you feel off or dizzy, loopy and out of place. So I like to close each area of my circle by saying "Thanks for attending my circle, stay if you can, leave if you must, until we meet again, Merry Part and Merry Meet again.

To answer your second question about Elementals, Witches don't have Elementals, but we can have Familiars, and a Familiar is a simple term that means companion like a cat or a dog. We don't call them pets, because even though we are responsible for their health and safety, we treat them equally as companions, because we don't own them. We just share our life with them as equals do with lots of love and affection. I personally do not have a familiar anymore. When my familiar dog passed away several years ago I decided not to have any more familiars for now. She was such a good sister to have and she visits me from the afterworld from time to time, but I told her it was ok to move on. Some witches believe in Familiars that are spiritual animals or Beings from the spirit world, and it's ok to have them as companions, but we don't own them and they don't own us, it is a mutual respect and admiration we have for each other ha-ha, but I don't have any spiritual Familiars either and I'm fine by myself.

The last thing I can think of to say is take your time on your spiritual journey. The best part about being a witch is finding out the special person you truly are. Close your eyes for a few moments as you meditate and have a mirror nearby but don't look into it. Imagine what you will see when you open your eyes to look at yourself for the first time. Will you be happy? Sad? Will there be a look on your face with utter amazement as you open your eyes to look at yourself for the first time I can hardly wait!

You see, you are beautiful, don't ever believe you are not! Society trained us to hate ourselves, to think we are ugly and if we see the beauty in us, they want us to think that there is something wrong with us, but there is not. We are sacred beautiful creatures that was given this beautiful gift of life and there is no ugliness in us when we have love in our heart! This spell is a grounding process, it helps get you in touch with your spiritual side and is wonderful to help with your confidence, self-worth and right to be here on our wonderful Earth. This is one of the first process of a Year and Day study you can take on your spiritual journey if you wish.

Once you are comfortable with seeing the beauty you have, go around and see the beauty in others and our World. Our entire Earth is spinning around just for you to enjoy, and all the humans, animals, plants, and life is revolving right around for you to see! if you can take a few moments of your time, find a safe busy place where people walk by you. Casually observe them as they pass by. Do you see all the different personalities and emotions that are around you. So many people are hurt, spiritually dead, walking around without noticing the incredible Life Force begging them to come out and play, live their life to the fullest, and not let it pass by. When you start seeing other people's souls, you can see your own soul too, and how we are all connected and dependent on each other for survival. This is a good lesson on shielding. People's energies can be very beautiful, but also very negative at times. Like you said earlier about your parents and grandparents. Don't let their energy or stranger's bad energy affect you. Let the good energy in and make the bad energy go around you.

Well, my love, I hope my suggestions helped answer some of your questions and your spiritual journey. This life is so incredible and it's sad because so many people let it pass by without fully enjoying it. I think that is why I am a witch, I don't want to miss out on the greatest gift of all, the gift of life!

Thanks for your questions and so sorry that there is so much to learn about witchcraft, it can be overwhelming at times, but if you take it easy, have fun, be a kid, and learn to enjoy life, it can be a wonderful journey to take. If you have any more specific questions about The Craft, I will try my best to answer them. Take care and see you later, have fun dear, and see you soon.
Thank you so, so much! I have a few questions about your teaching. I had never read that the directions we invoke when casting a circle, have coordinating colors. I DO release circles now with two fingers. I used white candles because I was not sure which to use. To represent each direction.

Is there a book that you could suggest for me?

What about our Spirit Guides? I am unsure who mine are. I looked into Hoo Doo, and I got mixed messages. On the one hand, I could relate to the earthiness of it and its simplicity. But, on the other hand, your assessment of my personality was 95% spot on. I have a familiar - a black mini-Doxie, and I love both dogs and cats, but I am much more of a Dog Person.

I frequently have a woman in my dream - a mocha-skinned African American who dresses plainly. In a dress and pinafore. Her clothes are simple; probably handmade amethyst
is her favorite color. I would guess that they are from the 30 or before. She helps [full and wise, with a sense of humor. Light purple is her favorite color. Lilacs are her flower. And scent. I think she is a Libra. As I read an increasing amount about Hoodoo, it seemed that enough people felt that Hoo Doo was for black people and that whites should not intrude upon this form of Witchcraft. So what do I do with this woman, whose name is Marvella? Who is she? Was she ever human? Or not?

The other possible spirit guides I feel a closeness to are Mary, sister of Martha, Mary Magdelene, who I believe is the wife of Jesus, and Mary, Mother of Jesus. Like most Protestant churches, I was raised in a progressive Protestant church that discourages prayer to Mary. I once attended an Episcopal Church with a Mary statue inside. This was a long time ago. It was the church where I was Baptised.

Since I struggled with fertility and only had one child, I feel a kinship with Hannah, Sarah, and any other biblical women who prayed for a child.

Does one cultivate a Spirit guide? Look for one. Or will she appear?

I do hope I am not asking too many questions. But, unfortunately, it's in my nature. If you have a book to suggest, I will be happy to buy that.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:30 AM

That is no problem Sheena, that is what I'm here for, I love answering questions dear. Sorry I don't know of any good books to read about Wicca or witchcraft, I did read some of Silver Ravenwood's books when I was younger and liked her simple style of witchcraft.

Most of my study was self taught, internet articles on casting, spell work and talking to other witches over the years. What I found out about books is that they are good resources of information on witchcraft but the problem with books is that authors write you have to do a spell or ritual their way or it's wrong. That's why I don't like books on witchcraft that much. Each person has to find what works for them. For instance I told you how most Wiccan's recognize the colors of each direction, yellow is supposed to be the candle for East from the Air element, but I use a white candle because Air is an invisible neutral color and so is white that is why I use a white candle for Air. Sometimes I use all white candles for all my directions too, especially when I want more spirit protection while in my circle. I haven't read any books that would suggest that would be the right thing to do, but it feels right to me and that's why books can be helpful, but also cause problems too.

Spirit guides are a hard subject for me to explain. I have three spirit guides that are with me: God the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit which is my Mother spirit guide. I didn't really reach out to any guides because I didn't felt I needed them, but some witches may perform a drawing down the moon ritual to seek guidance from the goddess. These rituals are only performed during a Full moon preferably around midnight when the moon is highest and brightest at night. It doesn't have to be a formal rituals it can be as easy as looking up at our sister moon in the sky then closing your eyes and invoking or inviting the goddess into your body.

If you would like a spirit guide it's better to call one to you, but they can appear without any effort, you just have to be careful because there are some spirits out there that want to possess you.

In regards to the different Mary's, Hannah and Sarah you feel close as possible spirit guides that is perfectly fine! Those were all wonderful women I would love to have as spirit guides. I like Sarah, she sounds cool too!

I really like Marvella, that name means miracle and to marvel at. This name is of Spanish Mexican descent and it was a most popular girl's name around 1930. The clothes Marvella are wearing sounds like they are around 1940's. She seems to be from this time period, I would say she was probably human. She seems very sweet, I don't feel any bad vibes from her so you should be ok. Ask her to visit me in my dreams if she wants to or needs to talk to someone. She will know where to find me. Some spirits will talk to me others won't. If I hear from her I'll let you know.

She really gave you a lot of information and there is an indication she was a very spiritual person, a healer. I think she wants to help you. It seems you have some anxiety in your life that maybe causing you to have headaches, fatigue, and soreness. This is what I'm getting from her. Please forgive me, I get carried away with readings sometimes, but this was a strong vibe I received from her, I hope she visits me in my dreams. If you want to be her friend she would gladly accept. Feel free to do what you think is best I support whatever decision you make dear!

I guess I'll finish this session by talking a little about Voodoo. Most scholars spell the religion Voodou.

I'm sure you already know this but I'd like to mention it here in case anyone else is reading our conversations and not familiar with the religion. Voodoo is the religion and Hoodoo is the priestess or priest that practices this African spirituality. This religion places great emphasis on our elders and family members and friends that passed away that we looked up to and respected. Hoodoo practitioners can have animal sacrifices in their rituals, but it is done humanely. I have a coven sister that practices Santeria that can also have animal sacrifices too.

I don't have any type of sacrifices in my religion so I really never got too close or know enough about the religion to be a spokeswoman for it, but I would like to comment on one aspect of it if ai may?

I'm part Native American, Irish white and a a small mixture of many races. As a Native American I wouldn't be offended if a white person or any person of race were to use parts of our Native American religion. I just ask they be respectful. Even though I practice Celtic European witchcraft, I have a lot of Shamanism in my heart. I love Native American folk magic, it is so loving and peaceful where everything and everyone is Sacred and connected to one another.

There are people that get offended if people of other races practice their religion, but I think it's beautiful, because we really aren't that different from each other and that is why I can feel connected to anyone regardless of race.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:56 AM

Hello High Priestess Sarah. For some reason, I never saw your last response until tonight. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I have been very busy from late Spring to early Summer. We are attempting to purchase a house I do not attribute every failure or disappointment in my life to the paranormal. However, our quest to purchase a house has been fraught with disappointment.

Once we find a house and we make an offer on it, multiple offers, higher than the asking price come in right away. I know this is a competitive market, but these bidding wars have become insane. This does not only happen with recently listed homes. Sometimes a house has been listed for two months, and when we make as offer, buyers come out of the woodwork.

I'm not looking for a trophy house, just a house that I feel good about and that has what I need. I am open about where I live, and there are several cities that we like. We were also thinking about moving back east.

A witch said today that perhaps this house, the one that I live in, goes not want us to go. Since we bought this house, so many bad things have happened to us. We really need a change.

Do you know of a simple spell that could remove any blockages, and send us in the right direction? There are many homes that are being bought by LLCs who pay cash and flip the home. They have an unfair advantage.

They do not play fairly. Is there anything I can do to level the playing field?

Thank you.

Old 08-02-2023, 07:58 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
Quote:
Hello High Priestess Sarah. For some reason, I never saw your last response until tonight. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I have been very busy from late Spring to early Summer. We are attempting to purchase a house I do not attribute every failure or disappointment in my life to the paranormal. However, our quest to purchase a house has been fraught with disappointment.

Once we find a house and we make an offer on it, multiple offers, higher than the asking price come in right away. I know this is a competitive market, but these bidding wars have become insane. This does not only happen with recently listed homes. Sometimes a house has been listed for two months, and when we make as offer, buyers come out of the woodwork.

I'm not looking for a trophy house, just a house that I feel good about and that has what I need. I am open about where I live, and there are several cities that we like. We were also thinking about moving back east.

A witch said today that perhaps this house, the one that I live in, goes not want us to go. Since we bought this house, so many bad things have happened to us. We really need a change.

Do you know of a simple spell that could remove any blockages, and send us in the right direction? There are many homes that are being bought by LLCs who pay cash and flip the home. They have an unfair advantage.

Thank you.
The same thing is happening here with the housing market. Thousands of new people have moved into this area and housing developments and apartments are being built everywhere. So, there is not enough housing currently so the bidding wars continue and what would have been $150,000 house normally, two years ago, has doubled in price and then you have the bidding war and it ends up costing around $450,000.

I wanted to buy a house too, a small one. Even those are $250,000 now. I'm not going anywhere apparently. So, unless HPS can do her magic, I'm stuck too. Probably another couple of years at least until this all calms down and the extra housing gets built. Hopefully it will become a buyer's market.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:16 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:

Thank you.
It wasn't me that you asked, but if it were me, I would not be trying to block other persons. I wouldn't feel right about that. Instead ask for the wisdom to figure out how to get it done. There are different pathways to home ownership, and perhaps there is a pathway you have not yet seen. Ask to have your eyes and mind opened rather than to have other persons hobbled.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:56 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It wasn't me that you asked, but if it were me, I would not be trying to block other persons. I wouldn't feel right about that. Instead ask for the wisdom to figure out how to get it done. There are different pathways to home ownership, and perhaps there is a pathway you have not yet seen. Ask to have your eyes and mind opened rather than to have other persons hobbled.
I agree with this. As tempting as it is to play eye for an eye in this buying game, it's better to ask that the way be opened for the right home to be yours. I do think that cutting the unseen ties with the current house is in order, though. There are many ways this can be done. HPS can chime in on that as she is probably more experienced in that than I, and would also probably use different methods.

There is something to a "damaged" house. The first house my ex and I ever bought was purchased from an elderly woman who let it be known that she was getting into witchcraft. She was creepy, but we really liked the house so we put in an offer. She had dolled up the place, especially the front and back yards. She was angry that she didn't get price she wanted (it had been on the market for months and her husband had already moved out of state). Things always seemed to go wrong there, and that made the fact that my ex is an arrogant bully even worse. I do believe she put a spell on the house, and not of the "light" kind. When the house was finally sold, the disbursement was so pathetic I'm not even going to say what it was.

I did do some prayers and clearing of the space when we first moved in, but I should have kept that up during the entire time we owned it (approx. 12 years).

Old 08-02-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Thank you.
Hello Sheena my dear, thanks for reaching out to me I'm so glad to help you sis. I'm so sorry for the problems you are facing in your home, sometimes negativity sneaks up in our life but we can clean it out as easy as sweeping dirt out with a broom.

You asked at a perfect time for help, we just had the Sturgeon Super Full Moon occur and the next Full Moon will also be a Super Moon referred to as the Blue Moon. Since cleansings take time we'll have plenty of time to rid that negativity from your home and yourself before the next Full Moon cycle occurs.

If you can, and the weather is clear in your area, go outside just before Sunrise and say: "Today is a beautiful day to be alive" face the East as the majestic Sun rises in your area to greet your day. There is nothing more Magickal than to stop everything around you to have that brief connection of seeing how the cosmos revolves around you with the rising Sun to start your day.

Go around your normal routine throughout the day but just before the Sun sets, go outside to mark it's death. Say these words after the sun sets if you can, "For the billions of years before and the billions of years to come, thanks for giving me this one day to live!" Face the West as the sun sinks below to let our Earth sleep in slumber.

You don't have to see the Sunrise or Sun set every day until August 30th, but try to at least have one day to witness this miracle around you. This ritual you are doing is part of the cleansing process we witches do in our area to affirm life, and be grounded to the Earth so that when disharmony or negativity comes our way, we know that is not the center point of our life.

I'm a very busy witch lol and I am sure you are too so if you can just say these words when you first wake up:

"Today is a beautiful day to to be alive"

And say these words just before going to sleep:

"For the billions of years before and the billions of years to come, thanks for giving me this one day to live!"

Those few moments are all you need to remove the negativity from your home and from your life too! Spells don't have to be elaborate or time consuming, just a few simple words to start and end your day helps focus your intent each day we are blessed to have you with us on our Earth.

Try to do this simple ritual every day until August 30th and I will help you finish your spell when the Blue Moon is Full on Wednesday August 30th at 9:36pm Eastern Daylight Time.

On the next Blue Moon I'll help you with two things in your life. To help rid that negativity from yourself and your home and ask for a blessing for you and your family to move into a new home. So what I'm going to do for now until the 30th of August is pray for you everyday and ask a blessing on the SuperMoon date to finish the spell with you.

I hope you don't mind I have a Christian background so Jesus will be the Spirit guide I will pray to on your behalf. I will remind you the day before and we will finish the Full Moon spell together the following evening, God I love Magick ha-ha. It's so fun to be a kid!

On the evening hour of Wednesday August 30, 2023 at 9:30pm light a white candle and say this spell 3 times:

Sister moon of the Earth
Hear my spell for all it's worth

My loved's one far to join in prayer

To ask for help as your aware

My life is blocked as your light can see

Bless it now so mote it be.

I will light a white candle at the same time and look up at the Full Moon too. As we say the spell together we are asking for a blessing to keep the negativity from you and ask for your request to move. Keep the candle lit from 9:30 to 9:40 if you can, the moon will transition from waxing to waning at 9:36pm.

Most of the time the request will be blessed, sometimes the answer is no. When the answer is no it's to protect us from something we didn't see in our request.

Regardless of what happens though, I'll be there for you and whether or not you are able to move right away, just know, you are blessed. As above, so Below. I'll keep in touch and do all I can to help you out! Take care and see you laters sis! Love ya!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism