Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 03:42 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, now I am a bigot because I don't trust the wash post.

What does that make YOU?

Remember " those that cast the insult are usually the one's GUILTY of that insult", someone said!

Do you trust every thing the gov't tells you?

Remember, "I am from the gov't and here to help you!"

P.S. I grew up with the with, post and worked with 2 "highly respected" fed agencies and I don't trust a damn thing they say because of 1st hand personal experience.

And you?
LOL, and you are someone posting on a message board and we are to take your word, yeah, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2023, 05:35 AM

59,014 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarea View Post
So you confirm that you don’t trust census data. As I’ve said, we can’t help you. And what agenda would WP have in reporting on these numbers? Do tell.
"If you have to ask the question, you would NOT understand the answer", as they say.

Old 03-06-2023, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, and you are someone posting on a message board and we are to take your word, yeah, no.
Don't really care if you"take my word" or not.

Contrary to what you might think, You are NOT that important to me!

Old 03-06-2023, 05:45 AM

Quote:
This isn’t an opinion piece. Demographics are demographics. If you don’t trust census numbers, then I can’t help you.

I don’t know why these demographics facts triggers you so much. Census data is not even a political statement, but your reaction to it screams bigotry to everyone on this board.
"This isn’t an opinion piece." Right!''Obviously you are not that familial with the post.

EVERY article they do has some bias in it.

You don't see it because you AGREE with their bias.

"If you don’t trust census numbers, then I can’t help you."

If you believe everything the fed says, then I can’t help you"!

Old 03-06-2023, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Sounds like your opinion just not any fact to it.
And I ADMIT is IS my opinion.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:08 AM

211 posts, read 237,966 times
Quote:
"If you have to ask the question, you would NOT understand the answer", as they say.
Instead of evading my question, why don’t you just answer it. Is it because your answer is bigoted? Prove me wrong. I ask again, what is WP’s agenda behind reporting on the demographics numbers?

Old 03-06-2023, 06:43 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Instead of evading my question, why don’t you just answer it. Is it because your answer is bigoted? Prove me wrong. I ask again, what is WP’s agenda behind reporting on the demographics numbers?
He has a bias agenda and can't answer it.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:32 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,566,864 times
Quote:
"what is WP’s agenda"

"
Washington Post

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-post/

EVERY thing they print is biased."

You believe everything they say, so you DON'T see it.

And if you believe EVERY gov't stat is 100% correct, I REALY feel sorry for you!
Interesting website. How does the website account for shifts in the definitions of left and right? For example it has been observed that there is more extreme right media out there that could skew the scale and make what used to be unbiased or centered media now left of center.

Is there anyone left without bias who can objectively measure bias? hehe. Who is fact checking the fact checkers?

Nevertheless, I think this is a very useful sight to try to understand how we each consume mainstream media in the modern era. Most of the media I consume is left of center. I read the New York Times and a few articles in the Atlantic. WTOP (Least biased), Associated Press, and Reuters are in my twitter feed. But I figured those three would be the least biased and just provide news. I don't read their opinion pieces.

I gave up on WashPo. Its quality tanked after Bezos bought it.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 03-07-2023 at 07:42 AM..

Old 03-07-2023, 09:45 AM

45,347 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Interesting website. How does the website account for shifts in the definitions of left and right? For example it has been observed that there is more extreme right media out there that could skew the scale and make what used to be unbiased or centered media now left of center.

Is there anyone left without bias who can objectively measure bias? hehe. Who is fact checking the fact checkers?

Nevertheless, I think this is a very useful sight to try to understand how we each consume mainstream media in the modern era. Most of the media I consume is left of center. I read the New York Times and a few articles in the Atlantic. WTOP (Least biased), Associated Press, and Reuters are in my twitter feed. But I figured those three would be the least biased and just provide news. I don't read their opinion pieces.

I gave up on WashPo. Its quality tanked after Bezos bought it.
The problem with the Post, as well as many other outlets, isn't the politics in the Editorial/Op-Ed pages (whether you agree with the positions taken or not) but that you can see the political agenda creeping into and spread out through the regular news stories.

It doesn't matter what the subject you see it. A snowstorm prediction in January for the Great Plains, well that's global warming, even though snowstorms in the Great Plains in January is par for the course.

The reporting on the Ohio derailment placed the fault on because Trump, even before the cause was determined and afterwards when it was found the suspended regulations wouldn't have prevented the accident. Which I had said from the beginning.

Some of that I blame on the editors, whose job it is to reign some of that in. And some of it is the reporters who don't see their own biases.

I remember, you may not, when the New Hampshire Union Leader was excoriated for the paper's conservative views of its publisher, William Loeb. Think about that, the newspaper from one of the smallest states was national news. The same with the Tribune-Review of Greensburg, PA (for God's sake) because of its owner Richard Scaife. Neither had, or have, the throw weight nationally of the Post, yet national outlets continually criticized both.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:59 PM

2,192 posts, read 2,686,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The reporting on the Ohio derailment placed the fault on because Trump, even before the cause was determined and afterwards when it was found the suspended regulations wouldn't have prevented the accident.
Did you learn about that from the Washington Post? https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...o-train-wreck/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland