Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2023, 04:46 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorlan View Post
I find Maryland to be extremely backwards as far as noise is concerned.
I live in Greenbelt and the number of poor losers circulating with cars having modified exhaust systems is overwhelming. Cops don't seem to mind illegal exhausts, since the State doesn't seem to stand behind them on this issue.I don't know what to think of a society not really able to actually control the noise made by cars?? If you can’t control that, what can you control? How hard is it to actually mandate exhaust inspection? It could be done when you take the emission test, for example. I commute every day from Greenbelt to Towson, and what I see on the Parkway and 695 is truly sad, a pure reflection of the state in which our society is, total decay. Wild imbecile individualism at its worst. I was born and raised between France and Italy, I'm used to speed. I don't mind speed when it's done in a way that is clean and organized. Driving in Germany on the right lane and being passed on the left on the Autobahn by guys driving at 150 mph doesn’t bother me a bit. What I see on our road are morons zigzagging in total disrespect of other people’s life with two tons vehicles prone to roll over. .I drive at 65 mph, speed limit is 55, I’m basically following traffic most of the time on the right lane and I seem to be too slow. I’ve had people passing me on the left, so driving at least at 75 judging by their speed, while some other idiot, who couldn’t wait for that guy to pass me on the left, decides to pass me on the right, so driving on the shoulder, even faster. Yes sir on the shoulder, that happens every day, more than once. Then I watch those two ugly retards race each other away and zagging, between cars, clearly we’re commuting but those wandering shreds of human being think they’re in a video game. I haven’t traveled by car in other parts of the country in a while, but do you have the feeling that what I see in poor Maryland is also happening everywhere, or is it just Maryland that looks like some of the worst third world countries?
I think I know where the problem is!

P.S. where did you move from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2023, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Maryland just have bad drivers lol...although NoVA one aren't that much better nor DC one.

But trust me, you'll see similar crappy driving even in Texas.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but TBH 695 is just awful overall. Worse than Capital Beltway (495).
"Maryland just have bad drivers lol...although NoVA one aren't that much better nor DC one."
And where did you move her from?

You would be surprised how many of the drivers you seem to hate so much, moved here from OTHER STATES!

Having traveled all over the U.S, IMO, which is all you have, I have seen a lot WORSE places.

My 1st place bad place, is boston.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 12-02-2023 at 05:08 PM..

Old 12-02-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I live in Greenbelt and the number of poor losers circulating with cars having modified exhaust systems is overwhelming. Cops don't seem to mind illegal exhausts, since the State doesn't seem to stand behind them on this issue.I don't know what to think of a society not really able to actually control the noise made by cars?? If you can’t control that, what can you control? How hard is it to actually mandate exhaust inspection? It could be done when you take the emission test, for example. I commute every day from Greenbelt to Towson, and what I see on the Parkway and 695 is truly sad, a pure reflection of the state in which our society is, total decay. Wild imbecile individualism at its worst. I was born and raised between France and Italy, I'm used to speed. I don't mind speed when it's done in a way that is clean and organized. Driving in Germany on the right lane and being passed on the left on the Autobahn by guys driving at 150 mph doesn’t bother me a bit. What I see on our road are morons zigzagging in total disrespect of other people’s life with two tons vehicles prone to roll over. .I drive at 65 mph, speed limit is 55, I’m basically following traffic most of the time on the right lane and I seem to be too slow. I’ve had people passing me on the left, so driving at least at 75 judging by their speed, while some other idiot, who couldn’t wait for that guy to pass me on the left, decides to pass me on the right, so driving on the shoulder, even faster. Yes sir on the shoulder, that happens every day, more than once. Then I watch those two ugly retards race each other away and zagging, between cars, clearly we’re commuting but those wandering shreds of human being think they’re in a video game. I haven’t traveled by car in other parts of the country in a while, but do you have the feeling that what I see in poor Maryland is also happening everywhere, or is it just Maryland that looks like some of the worst third world countries?
"Is that just Maryland or all the country is like that? (Baltimore: inspection, living"

Instead of asking us,why don't you travel the other states and find out for yourself!

Uh, where are you from?

Old 12-02-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhornet View Post
Maryland very much looks like a third world country. I posted somewhere here recently about the trash in PG County.

Apologists for MD will be along shortly.
"Maryland very much looks like a third world country"

And how much of MD have you actually seen?

And where are YOU from originally?

Or are you afraid to admit where it is?

Who FORCED you to move here?

And, why don't you go back, being you hate it here so much?

This place MUST be better, otherwise you wouldn't be here!

"Super"

Someone thinks very highly of themselves!

And by choosing a site name "super", tell me all I need to know about you and your vanity!

Old 12-08-2023, 06:54 AM

Quote:
" Is that just Maryland or all the country is like that?

Where else have you lived?

Old 12-21-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsMass View Post
Having driven all over the country, IMO, I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

And "World Population Review" knows more about the U.S then us?

Old 12-21-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
This is why Maryland has inflated car insurance rates when compared to other states in this country. This also includes Virginia btw. Northern VA has bad drivers who drive aggressively for sure, but Maryland aggressive driving is a different beast entirely. I notice the traffic enforcement in Maryland doesn’t seem to be as heavy as it is in Virginia.

So yeah, I think Maryland does have some issues with bad drivers and reckless driving. Further enforcement can help.

Arlington is looking into enforcing loud exhaust systems and ticketing people for having them on their cars.

https://www.arlnow.com/2022/06/24/lo...ou-eventually/

There is also the ability to use automated ticketing systems to send tickets to drivers of loud cars.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/traffi...-loud-car/amp/
So, where else in the U.S have you driven?

Old 12-24-2023, 09:44 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Maryland just have bad drivers lol...although NoVA one aren't that much better nor DC one."
And where did you move her from?

You would be surprised how many of the drivers you seem to hate so much, moved here from OTHER STATES!

Having traveled all over the U.S, IMO, which is all you have, I have seen a lot WORSE places.

My 1st place bad place, is boston.
I didn’t move here from anywhere else. My family has been in DC, MD, and VA for hundreds of years. MD seems to have a ridiculous lack of enforcement on their roads and I consistently see people driving recklessly and failing to use turn signals when I go to MD. The one good thing I will say, is that they have speed cameras on some roads, but on the highways that don’t have these cameras it can get crazy.

To answer your other post, I’ve driven in FL (terrible drivers too imo). Up and down the east coast pretty much. I’ve driven in Boston, not extremely terrible drivers there, I think MD drivers are worse.

Old 12-25-2023, 04:53 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
A lot of us HATE purposely noisy, modified cars. But that seems to be their purpose. Usually younger drivers claiming “I am better than you! I can do what I want. You can’t stop me.” It appears that is so upsetting to a few driving behind them that those few then momentarily are incited to drive dangerously. Such as gunning their own motors to speed around in front of the noisemakers, even cutting them off.

Anything that creates anger and resentment on the roadways needs to be minimized somehow. I think it may seem worse in MD because the roads do get really crowded at certain times of day.

Old 12-25-2023, 07:12 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
meh , when I lived in NoVa I thought Maryland drivers were the worst, when I lived in Maryland I thought Virginia drivers were the worst, now living along the Mid-Atlantic coast I find Pennsylvania drivers to be the worst.

It's all perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland