Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 06:42 PM

15 posts, read 22,190 times

Advertisements

We used to have a Cedric's in North Augusta on Georgia Ave. sometime when I was in high school in the late 70 but the place in Clearwater the name of the restaurant began with a initial followed by two words. I 'm fairley certain the first word was a name with the next just a word. I seem to remember the wallpaper, the counter or possibly the wrappings in the dishes looked like newspaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 01:39 AM

15 posts, read 22,190 times
Thanks for the reply again, but. I did a web search and found a web site for a fish and chips restaurant that is based in California called H Salt Esquire, that began in the US in 1965, just a few years after the shopping center opened up. I'm almost certain it's the name I"m looking for. And since it was associated with KFC in 1969 and it shared a space with KFC about the same time, I'm certain that's it. And the fact the name of the restaurant begins with the letter of H, I'm almost 100% certain that's it.

But thanks again for the reply.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,359 times
I don't remember T's at Daniel field. Just on 56 hwy. Belong to Mr Fulcher. Shirley hotel. My uncle owned the bar on the bottom floor called The Rebel Room. How about Shoney's and cruising from their down by the skating rink. Me I went to Hephzibah class of 78.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,469 times
I haven’t read through all the posts on this thread, but in my search for information I saw that the old zoo on Peach Orchard Rd had been mentioned. I lived in Augusta from 1985 to 1996 and remember taking my kids to that zoo once and that conditions were abhorrent. However, I did have an extraordinary experience while watching the gorilla. I don’t recall whether it was a male or female, but it seems like the cage was awful and very small. Three walls were cement or cinderblock and the front was a partial wall with bars. There was an old coke bottle sitting on the ledge just outside of the bars and as we were standing there, behind the barricade (or fence), it was close enough to the cage that the gorilla reached outside of the bars and got the coke bottle and reached out to me with it. Without even realizing the danger (and significance) of what was happening, I took it from him. He kept moving his eyes to his right and looking at me, back and forth. Again, not thinking much of it, I looked in the direction he was moving his eyes and saw a water fountain or spigot, some source of water, and realized he wanted me to fill his bottle with water. So I did, then I handed it back to him and he drank it and handed it back so I filled it up again. This went on 3 or 4 times, until he put the bottle back on the ledge. This happened so long ago and I was very young with 3 children, I wasn’t mature enough to recognize the amazing significance of the experience. Did anyone else here ever have a similar experience or know of anyone who may have?

Last edited by JInglett; 12-25-2018 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 12-25-2018, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
I was more interested in learning about that roller coaster and zoo actually, but thanks for you info too!
I believe it was shut down in the early 90s maybe. As I recall, the lady who owned and ran the place was attacked by one of the bears. The zoo was appalling. The enclosures were tiny, dark, and inhumane. I just posted a story about my one and only visit there when I was in my late teens or early twenties. Check it out.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
There still a urban legend that some of the animals escaped .
I lived there. Was married to the owner's son. Animals did escape but were caught. It closed because people sued them after a little boy was bitten by a bear. The cages were shoddy. Safari Zoo was the name of it. Everyone was scared of the woman who owned it. She was a scary person!

Old 04-17-2019, 09:28 AM

2,220 posts, read 3,396,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrysbaby777 View Post
I lived there. Was married to the owner's son. Animals did escape but were caught. It closed because people sued them after a little boy was bitten by a bear. The cages were shoddy. Safari Zoo was the name of it. Everyone was scared of the woman who owned it. She was a scary person!
I can’t find any information on it.

Old Today, 08:02 PM

2 posts
Was anybody living in augusta back in the late 1970? I'm trying to find out some information about a old bar not to far from ft.Gordon possibly called williams bar?? My cousins dad was stationed there back then the bar owners name was Shirley williams?? Had a daughter named ollie williams we are trying to locate any information about them or the bar if anybody remembers anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area